Illinois...

If anyone is looking for some waterfowl, a breeder in North Central Illinois passed away and his family has to disperse his breeding flocks, he has White, Black, Blue, and Penciled Runners and Blue Swedish for ducks, he also has some African, Chinese, and Pomeranian Geese.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for some waterfowl, a breeder in North Central Illinois passed away and his family has to disperse his breeding flocks, he has White, Black, Blue, and Penciled Runners and Blue Swedish for ducks, he also has some African, Chinese, and Pomeranian Geese.

I wish I could. Those runners are handsome, and I like Blue Swedish. May I post this on the Chicago Chickens group forum? There are a few people there who keep ducks.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!forum/chicago-chicken-enthusiasts

I live outside of Maroa, so we're practically neighbors! Do you raise the ducks for eggs or meat?
Hi Chickgma. I live in Decatur. My in-laws and a nephew and his wife all live in Maroa. Been raising chickens for 3 years now. This was my first year at raising meaties. They did great. Was much easier then I thought they would be. Next spring I am going to raise turkeys. I am going to get a heritage breed just not sure which yet.

Hi Chickgma. I live in Decatur. My in-laws and a nephew and his wife all live in Maroa. Been raising chickens for 3 years now. This was my first year at raising meaties. They did great. Was much easier then I thought they would be. Next spring I am going to raise turkeys. I am going to get a heritage breed just not sure which yet.
I've thought about turkeys too. For those raising them in the northern 1/3 of the state, especially on prairie soil, have you experienced problems of blackhead disease when on ground shared with chickens?

Hi Sheila! I grew up in Decatur. Been here 20+ years. I just started with layers this year...have 7 hens & 3 of them have just started laying (sure was a long wait for that 1st egg!
smile.png
) I just got done looking at the Myer catalog...chicken fever I guess. Would love to have more but coop is 8x10 & my big ole girls seem to have just enough room. I don't know anything about turkeys. We have a neighbor who has some...not sure what kind they are.

I started out with 2 and a little coop my hubby made me as a surprise for Mothers Day. Since then we added on to that coop then I took over his shed and now I have a 5th wheel camper that a friend of ours gave us for free that I have been slowly converting intother coop. We are at about 35 chickens right now. When we had the meaties we were at almost 70, but processed 28.We still have one meatie left. She is a little cross beak that my husband wouldnt let me process, but she wouldnt have been much she is really small. We have 9 babies right now that 2 silkies hatched and I have 3 bantam cochins that keep trying to set but right now my eggs are not fertile. We lost our rooster a couple of months ago. I have his son but he is not old enough to do anything yet. I hope he is as good as his daddy was.

Hi guys im from decatur area too. Born in decatur, moved to maroa for 15 years, now moved to oakley. Its a nice to see people on here so close.

If your looking for Turkey's in the spring I'll have Bourbon Reds and Standard Bronze hatching eggs or day old poults available if your interested.

Back
Top Bottom