Illinois...

happy new years to all !!!!
Thank you, and wishing you and everyone else a great year also.
I have always had great success with my pet chicken. I have not found any place close to peoria il to try. I never heard of Schlect. I will have to check them out.
I have always been very happy with Schlechts. [It took guts not to change their family name. lol] They don't have vent sexed chicks available, but their prices are unbeatable and they're just plain nice folks over the phone............................. it was always the Mrs I was talking to instead of a recording or a hired person. Whenever possible, I like to do business with small, family run businesses such as theirs. By the way, there should be a poultry show there in Peoria coming up this year where you might find some chickens closer to the standard of perfection if you're thinking of showing them.

Last edited:
We just found out Schlecht does not offer Buff Orington's anymore. Does anyone have or know someone close to Nothern IL that would sell around 5 to us?

Thanks, Kevin

I am looking to start a small flock of maybe 3 or 4 chickens in northwestern IL. Does anyone know a breeder I could get a few pullets from?
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread chaudclaude!!

What kind of pullets are you looking for? Are you wanting strictly egg layers?

I cannot wait for spring! chicken swaps here I come! I have some redcap chickens to sell and some silkies. I just don't know which color to keep for myself.
I hope everyone had a great holiday. I am not on here to much due to school keeping me busy.

Back
Top Bottom