Illinois...

I see one of the bigger ones is a bearded white, hopefully they grow faster and bigger then the one I saw, they are pretty cool.
Thanks. She was from my White Cornish over a white EE. Naturally that cross is slower growing than the cross using white commercial broilers as the female line, but are heavier than they look. I just started saving eggs from two CX pullets under an F1 cockerel that is 1/2 CX himself; hoping this cross will not run me into rapid growth related health issues but it very well might.

Hello, I am south of Decatur and I am just getting started. I am looking for more chickens to raise but unsure where to get them. I would love to re-home some but also to buy if the price is right. My coop can hold over 60 chickens nicely. I would also like to find additional animals as well. Excited about getting started.

Hello, I am south of Decatur and I am just getting started. I am looking for more chickens to raise but unsure where to get them. I would love to re-home some but also to buy if the price is right. My coop can hold over 60 chickens nicely. I would also like to find additional animals as well. Excited about getting started.
welcome-byc.gif
Hi! I'm west of Maroa. Welcome! I just started raising chickens last summer. I got my day old chicks at Myers Hatchery. I just got a catalog from Murray McMurray and they have a couple of good deals for multiple chicks. I'm excited for you to get started! Best of luck!

Welcome Dljohnson. I am in Decatur. Are you looking for day olds or started pullets? Rural King will have chicks starting in March. They usually come from Cackle Hatchery. You can special order if you are looking for certain breeds, but remember they are hatchery stock.

Welcome Dljohnson. I am in Decatur. Are you looking for day olds or started pullets? Rural King will have chicks starting in March. They usually come from Cackle Hatchery. You can special order if you are looking for certain breeds, but remember they are hatchery stock.
It's good to know where the chicks at Rural King come from. Have you ever bought any from there? Do you know about the ones from Farm & Fleet?

Double check with your local Rural Kings. Last year most of them I called were using Schlecth Hatchery.I was locating chicks for parents of my 4-H kids who didn't care about show quality.

Thank you everyone, I am not looking for show quality but nice dual chickens. I am looking to have eggs for friends and family, as well as, to fill my freezer.

Back
Top Bottom