Illinois...

Ugh, I just realized my misspelling above.
sad.png
... Oh well, you all get my point, right
wink.png

WindDancer, I am glad you are enjoying them!

Sorry, I only have Eastern Wild Turkey chicks. I live in Edinburg. I have turkey eggs hatching right now in the incubator. I let the hen have some but that did not work out. The Tom likes to walk on them. I have five already hatched and two pipping, with two more due this week. Then it will start all over in a couple weeks. My Red Golden Pheasants just started laying this week, but none of the others have yet.

I have Red Golden and Alaskan Pheasants, India Blue Peacocks and the Turkeys just to name a few.

Last edited:
Looking for some Plymouth Rocks, Orpingtons, or Wyandottes and Bantam Frizzle Cochins. Located in Central Illinois. Can travel a bit. PM if you have something.

Last edited:
Anyone know of anyone in central illinois that might have any Narragansett poults for sale?
I have a couple of Narragansett hens that are laying right now. They have not started to sit yet, but I am sure they will. I might be willing to sell you a few, depending on how the hatching goes.

Question for those hatching poults ... do you let the hen brood them or do you take them from the hen and brood them yourself??

We have done it both ways these last 10 years. Always have better results when we brood the poults ourselves. When we leave the poults with the hens, we experience "Tom Stomping", "Chicken Pecking", and "Predator Taking". None which are good for the survival of the poults.

Just a reminder of our 9th Annual Homesteading Weekend coming up the weekend after Father's Day.

Check out the link in my signature line for more details.

It is always a great time to connect with like-minded folks and we love having birds here for swap or trade.

Back
Top Bottom