Illinois...

I'm located down in Southern Illinois. Does anyone know of a good place down here to get more chickens? I chicken swap or hatchery? I bought my original 6 at Rural King. I do keep an eye out on Craigslist. I'm hoping to add a maran to my flock to add a different color egg to the mix!

Check your local sale barn . My nearest one is 60 miles .

emmashadow24, I live in SSE Champaign county, in Longview. Have you tried looking in Arthur? The Amish keep a lot of barred rocks. Their small animal auction, which sells mostly chickens and other fowl, as well as rabbits is every 2nd and 4th Monday, with bidding starting at 6PM.
http://www.arthur-il.gov/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={C451D4BC-846F-4E7E-AAC0-DA8D3308E160}&DE={0C0EB7D7-570F-4618-A361-7BF424E8840F}

I am also from the Freeport area! Between Freeport and Dakota. I am brand new to the chicken hobby (don't even have my chickens home yet, still working on the coop) and am doing a lot of research here on BYC.

I am also from the Freeport area! Between Freeport and Dakota. I am brand new to the chicken hobby (don't even have my chickens home yet, still working on the coop) and am doing a lot of research here on BYC.
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread!! I live in rural Lee County...not too far south of you! Very smart of you to do your research first before bringing your chickens home!
clap.gif

I'm located down in Southern Illinois. Does anyone know of a good place down here to get more chickens? I chicken swap or hatchery? I bought my original 6 at Rural King. I do keep an eye out on Craigslist. I'm hoping to add a maran to my flock to add a different color egg to the mix!
Waterloo swap. Everyone goes to it.

Once a month, been to long since I have been to remember the exact day.

Waterloo swap. Everyone goes to it.

Once a month, been to long since I have been to remember the exact day.
Thanks for the info! I found their website. For anyone else interested, it looks like they meet the last Sunday of the month, March through October. I'm going to try to make it up there soon!

Hello! I'm from good old springfield in the middle of all the mess! I breed mainly muscovys and pekin/Ancona mixbreeds! I need more chickens though! My luck has only given me 1! i also as of now breed muscovies! i have 5 colors and love them all to bits!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom