Illinois...

Oh, poor baby, how is he doing? I have 1bantam cochin out and another half out. I lost the one that had pipped upside down and wrong end. I don't see anything going on with the other eggs, ugggg.

Well you have the couple of each of the Orps. The Blues didn't hatch? Bummer
sad.png
Well lets see what papa poultry sends me. They should be coming this week Thursday or Friday.
The blues have pipped but not making progress either. Seems like I will have to help a bunch of chicks!

A pleasant update. Well Friday I lost 2 chickens to Rocky raccoon. Saturday evening Shannon shows up. I WAS SOO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED,. Picked her up and only seen a few broken feathers. She flew and escaped the jaws of doom. Must have been hiding in neighboring yard. Was MIA all Saturday until evening. I see this as a RAINBOW AFTER A STORM... I reserve MIRACLE for people related incidents.
smile.png
YOU KNOW I AM HAPPY.!!!

The broken feathers are on her right wing .
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR POLITE COMMENTS.

A pleasant update. Well Friday I lost 2 chickens to Rocky raccoon. Saturday evening Shannon shows up. I WAS SOO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED,. Picked her up and only seen a few broken feathers. She flew and escaped the jaws of doom. Must have been hiding in neighboring yard. Was MIA all Saturday until evening. I see this as a RAINBOW AFTER A STORM... I reserve MIRACLE for people related incidents.
smile.png
YOU KNOW I AM HAPPY.!!!

The broken feathers are on her right wing .
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR POLITE COMMENTS.
I am sure everyone is very happy for getting her back. Sometimes being flighty is a virtue!

@ChicagoClucker

This listing was posted on Chicago Chicken Enthusiasts google group with the following caption:

A friend of mine is moving and he is selling his house on Prospect Ave in the Beverly Neighborhood of Chicago. This is no ordinary place, it has a huge yard, 50' by almost 300'. The vegetable garden is 25' x 50' plus five more raised beds adding another 200 sq. ft. of growing space. There are three apple trees, a peach tree, two grape vines, an asparagus patch, and hundreds of raspberry canes in the backyard plus an espalier in the front with twelve apple and pear trees and tons of space for a chicken coop. It is a short walk to the Metra Rock Island line with frequent, daily service to IIT and downtown.

http://www.deniseamraen.com/listings/10113-south-prospect-avenue-chicago-ill-60643

A pleasant update. Well Friday I lost 2 chickens to Rocky raccoon. Saturday evening Shannon shows up. I WAS SOO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED,. Picked her up and only seen a few broken feathers. She flew and escaped the jaws of doom. Must have been hiding in neighboring yard. Was MIA all Saturday until evening. I see this as a RAINBOW AFTER A STORM... I reserve MIRACLE for people related incidents. :) YOU KNOW I AM HAPPY.!!! The broken feathers are on her right wing . THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR POLITE COMMENTS.
How nice!!! Give her a hug!
1f423.png

@ChicagoClucker

This listing was posted on Chicago Chicken Enthusiasts google group with the following caption:

A friend of mine is moving and he is selling his house on Prospect Ave in the Beverly Neighborhood of Chicago. This is no ordinary place, it has a huge yard, 50' by almost 300'. The vegetable garden is 25' x 50' plus five more raised beds adding another 200 sq. ft. of growing space. There are three apple trees, a peach tree, two grape vines, an asparagus patch, and hundreds of raspberry canes in the backyard plus an espalier in the front with twelve apple and pear trees and tons of space for a chicken coop. It is a short walk to the Metra Rock Island line with frequent, daily service to IIT and downtown.

http://www.deniseamraen.com/listings/10113-south-prospect-avenue-chicago-ill-60643
I saw this the other night. Isn't the yard FANTASTIC! So up my alley, with the gardens and plenty of room for the chickens and dog. Its 10 minutes from me, if it were brick we would be jumping on it. Husband hates vinyl! My neighbor behind me has the100 x 300 ft. yard, Its such a shame, cause they don't use it for anything.

Free to good home.... Female black sex link and female black laced red Wyandotte. They are 4 and 6 weeks old. I just ended up with too many black chicks, I like to tell my hens apart by sight. Chicago suburbs. St Charles. Message me if you are interested.

I saw this the other night. Isn't the yard FANTASTIC! So up my alley, with the gardens and plenty of room for the chickens and dog. Its 10 minutes from me, if it were brick we would be jumping on it. Husband hates vinyl! My neighbor behind me has the100 x 300 ft. yard, Its such a shame, cause they don't use it for anything.
Maybe you can ask them if they will rent their yard to you. lol!

Back
Top Bottom