Illinois...

A pleasant update. Well Friday I lost 2 chickens to Rocky raccoon. Saturday evening Shannon shows up. I WAS SOO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED,. Picked her up and only seen a few broken feathers. She flew and escaped the jaws of doom. Must have been hiding in neighboring yard. Was MIA all Saturday until evening. I see this as a RAINBOW AFTER A STORM... I reserve MIRACLE for people related incidents.
smile.png
YOU KNOW I AM HAPPY.!!!

The broken feathers are on her right wing .
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR POLITE COMMENTS.

What a great surprise! Her survival instincts kept her safe. Way to go, Shannon!

What about the SL Project Orpington eggs? When are they due?

I think I am done hatching chicks for this year:)

Isn't that what I said after the last hatch?

lau.gif
We have seven months left, I'm thinking NOT!

I think I am done hatching chicks for this year:)

Isn't that what I said after the last hatch?
That's what I said too!
Then my Cookie went broody! Now I'll be driving a couple hours to gather some hatching eggs. DD's very excited to get another trial. I'm just hoping I can sell or give away all of the last chicks before this new batch hatches. I have some Bielefelders (3 females & 1male) & English Orps (1 female, 3 male) for sale and 9 mixes age 2-5wks (these free to good homes)

That's what I said too!
Then my Cookie went broody! Now I'll be driving a couple hours to gather some hatching eggs. DD's very excited to get another trial. I'm just hoping I can sell or give away all of the last chicks before this new batch hatches. I have some Bielefelders (3 females & 1male) & English Orps (1 female, 3 male) for sale and 9 mixes age 2-5wks (these free to good homes)

DId you find some eggs? You have a lot of chicks too! I thought I was the only one, lol.

Some more pics of my hatchlings!

I am in love with this blue!

Legbars!

Chocolate/Mauve/Splash. The chocolate one in the front, loves to nibble on my finger when I put it in the brooder.

Way to go Junibutt! They're very cute!

I picked up a few bantam eggs today & will get the Barnie eggs Tues night or Wed afternoon. They'll go into the incubator or under the hen wed night!
Bonus- I found a home for 11 chicks today. Now I just have 4 more to go!

Way to go Junibutt! They're very cute!

I picked up a few bantam eggs today & will get the Barnie eggs Tues night or Wed afternoon. They'll go into the incubator or under the hen wed night!
Bonus- I found a home for 11 chicks today. Now I just have 4 more to go!
That's good news! 4 is a piece of cake.

I still have not been able to sell/re-home the Jubilee and Mottled cockerels. Some of them are 9 weeks now and more than 2 lbs. Shipping might become too expensive pretty soon!

Way to go Junibutt!  They're very cute!

I picked up a few bantam eggs today & will get the Barnie eggs Tues night or Wed afternoon.  They'll go into the incubator or under the hen wed night!
Bonus- I found a home for 11 chicks today.  Now I just have 4 more to go!
Do you still have the Bielefelders?

Back
Top Bottom