Illinois...

Thought I would post here first, in case someone is looking for a Free Rooster, because I have many!

1.Everyone saw my pic of Rocky my Olive Egger 5 months old and active with the ladies!

2. I have 2 Lavender Ameraucana's Cockerels almost 3 months old. Pretty muffs!

3. I have 4-5 Blue and Black split to Blue Orpington Cockerels. about 1 month old. Almost feathered out.

4. Gold Laced Orpingtons 4 eggs are under broody and 3 eggs looking good in the incubator. Anyone interested in a cockerel from these please let me know.

I can't believe Thelma my broody has stuck with it this long. I am so proud of her, especially since its her first time. She has dealt with my Barred Rock Freida, who decides to be broody just when it gets hot and tries to take over the nest.Eggs are due to hatch in 8 days.
Any pics of your blue cockerels? You know I am overrun myself but just want to see yours.

I have 1 blue and 1 chocolate cockerel to re-home. Both are seven weeks old. I am keeping 1 chocolate, 1 chocolate/mauve/splash and 1 chocolate cuckoo cockerel for now. Will look at possibilities later and then eliminate another one.

Last edited:
Any pics of your blue cockerels? You know I am overrun myself but just want to see yours.

I have 1 blue and 1 chocolate cockerel to re-home. Both are seven weeks old. I am keeping 1 chocolate, 1 chocolate/mauve/splash and 1 chocolate cuckoo cockerel for now. Will look at possibilities later and then eliminate another one.

I will get some tonight when it is cooler. Don't want to stress them out in this heat right now. I have these pics that don't show them so well, but what I am using to post. Might have someone from Indiana taking the Lav Ams, fingers crossed. I am also slipping in some pics of my Silver Laced Orp cockerel and my cute little Bantam Cochin pair. Out of the 8 Orpingtons, I only ended up with 2 girls, one black and one blue. So, thinking of keeping a blue cockerel. Still not sure a about my Chocolate, at first thought it was a girl, them the comb popped a little so thought boy, but she is still small. Time will tell.

Anyone know how to keep mud dinner wasp from using hardware cloth of run from building a home. Getting to put chicks in this next week..

MUD DOBBERS.
I thought mud daubbers just built nests in the ground. I might be wrong.

I am wrong just looked it up. But it says they build the nests near a source of mud. So maybe if you have a muddy area, add some soil or sand to dry it up and to prevent it from mudding up again. Therefore, maybe she will look elsewhere to build her nest.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to keep mud dinner wasp from using hardware cloth of run from building a home. Getting to put chicks in this next week..
MUD DOBBERS.
They are not known to be aggressive, so that is a plus side.. I would just keep scraping of their haciendas so they would get the idea to go somewhere else. Do it at night when they wont come after you. A little spray of insecticide onto the porous clay would change their mind about returning ...
barnie.gif

They are not known to be aggressive,   so that is a plus side..   I would just keep scraping of their  haciendas  so they would get the idea to go somewhere else.   Do it at night when they wont come after you.  A little spray of insecticide  onto the porous  clay would change their mind about returning ...:barnie

Thanks...knocking down gets old but will seat away

The two Buff Orpington's. BESS & Dolly and two Rhode island reds ,Martha and Mammie moved to the "White house" today . They are so happy and learned Drinking from nipple unit for their first day. One month old!!! And fun for all!

I will get some tonight when it is cooler. Don't want to stress them out in this heat right now. I have these pics that don't show them so well, but what I am using to post. Might have someone from Indiana taking the Lav Ams, fingers crossed. I am also slipping in some pics of my Silver Laced Orp cockerel and my cute little Bantam Cochin pair. Out of the 8 Orpingtons, I only ended up with 2 girls, one black and one blue. So, thinking of keeping a blue cockerel. Still not sure a about my Chocolate, at first thought it was a girl, them the comb popped a little so thought boy, but she is still small. Time will tell.

Junibutt, I was going thru the Blue/ Black Orps tonight because I am meeting up with someone that is taking 7 of my cockerels tomorrow. I might have 2 blue pullets (1 I am not sure of, but I am going to hold onto) that leaves 2 dark blue cockerels of which 1 has some leakage. I am keeping 1 and I am sure you don't want the 1 with the leakage. So I didn't bother taking any pics, sorry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom