Illinois...

I heard the dreaded "er-ah-er-ah-roo" this morning. Either my Easter egger or ameraucana is the culprit. There goes my colorful egg basket. :hit

Does anyone in northern Illinois have a 2-4 month old EE pullet or Ameraucana pullet they are willing to sell. The rest of my chicks are almost 14 weeks old. I don't want to order from a hatchery. Looking to pick up the little girlies. Anyone? Please?

I did look in the buy-sell-trade forum and on Craigslist already....nothing.

Last edited:
I don't have any 2-4 month old ones, but if you are interested in day old chicks I can toss some eggs in the incubator for you, or I might have an extra unclaimed chick hatching in the coming weeks as there are some eggs in the incubator already... My chickens are mostly barnyard mix, but I have bread the green/blue egg gene quite heavy in my flock and I would only hatch from a blue or green egg, so chances are pretty good they will lay blue, green or even a light olive egg but they might also lay a pink to orange brown colored egg... And of course this would be a straight run, no guarantee of pullet...

Gurnee area...

Last edited:
I heard the dreaded "er-ah-er-ah-roo" this morning. Either my Easter egger or ameraucana is the culprit. There goes my colorful egg basket.
hit.gif

Does anyone in northern Illinois have a 2-4 month old EE pullet or Ameraucana pullet they are willing to sell. The rest of my chicks are almost 14 weeks old. I don't want to order from a hatchery. Looking to pick up the little girlies. Anyone? Please?

I did look in the buy-sell-trade forum and on Craigslist already....nothing.

You can check with @Faraday40 she might have some older chicks left. I had 1 pullet hatch from my batch of Ameraucanas.

Last edited:
Had a surprise today when one pullet prediction started looking kind of male. For anyone with Marans experience, please let me know if my predictions are correct.

This is a fav, but I've been thinking a male for a while. (almost 5 wks old now) I want to be sure of gender before we donate the males. "Blue" is very sweet, so I don't want to accidentally give away a great female.

Here is Blue's male sibling, Mr Obvious, to compare. I knew this was a male at less than a week old when its comb popped.
Now the comb is bright red!

I got some Golden Campine eggs from a breeder in California for the BYC Easter Hatchalong in 2012. One hatched and it was a pullet. She ended up in a friend's laying flock since I have Icelandics and won't keep any white/tinted egg layers to avoid hatching mixed breeds. Here is the last picture I have of her...four months old and beautiful.
thanks for reply

Here are my 3 little GL Orpingtons. They are so calm and quiet. The Broody eggs were spoiled unfortunately. Glad I kept the 4 if the incubator.

Had a surprise today when one pullet prediction started looking kind of male. For anyone with Marans experience, please let me know if my predictions are correct.

This is a fav, but I've been thinking a male for a while. (almost 5 wks old now) I want to be sure of gender before we donate the males. "Blue" is very sweet, so I don't want to accidentally give away a great female.

Here is Blue's male sibling, Mr Obvious, to compare. I knew this was a male at less than a week old when its comb popped.
Now the comb is bright red!

90% chances are that its a boy. But I would say keep for a couple of more weeks to be sure.

Mandy, looking for friends in the Pekin area. Were buying a house there in september.....cant wait to get Chickens!!!!

Back
Top Bottom