Illinois...

It was hard to find the poultry show. It was in building 105 on a map I think it was BB? Things I took away from it

1. Banties are just too cute!
2. I'm so glad I was talked out of guineas!
3. My chickens are way way healthy!
4. Yes I really do want a modern game bird!
5. Again those Banties are so cute!!
6. August is way too hot for a fair

THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES #1, #4. AND #5

Old English Game hens. Top one has longer legs

The down side of vacations - We returned to sadness to see that our three older hens had been killed in their pen. The culprit, we believe, was a weasel. I know we have one (or some) in the area, and the coop had just been moved to new ground allowing enough space for entry.
Lost was my 7yr Australorp Fluffy, easter egger/polish cross Lucybird and a beautiful 1yr old Swedish Flower hen Rosie. What a bummer!!
Luckily, none of my new Buckeye chicks, Arkansas Blue chicks in the new pen were touched. Oh, and the demented but loved SF hen Twyla was with them. Next year will be a flock building year, since most of the Buckeyes will be re-homed. I guess no more egg production for this year!

It was hard to find the poultry show. It was in building 105 on a map I think it was BB? Things I took away from it

THE FOLLOWING ADDRESSES #1, #4. AND #5

Old English Game hens. Top one has longer legs

I agree they're CUTE. In fact, I'm even debating whether to keep DD's Sebright. It turned out to be a female. We rehomed the rest of the chicks from trial #3, but held on to that little one. We must get the number down to about 1/2 before winter. DD's main argument is that it's too small to even be counted as a hen. (Most of our hens are Orpingtons, so she does have a point.)

The down side of vacations - We returned to sadness to see that our three older hens had been killed in their pen. The culprit, we believe, was a weasel. I know we have one (or some) in the area, and the coop had just been moved to new ground allowing enough space for entry.
Lost was my 7yr Australorp Fluffy, easter egger/polish cross Lucybird and a beautiful 1yr old Swedish Flower hen Rosie. What a bummer!!
Luckily, none of my new Buckeye chicks, Arkansas Blue chicks in the new pen were touched. Oh, and the demented but loved SF hen Twyla was with them. Next year will be a flock building year, since most of the Buckeyes will be re-homed. I guess no more egg production for this year!

So sorry to hear about your girls. Lousy way to end a vacation.

Anyone know how to keep mud dinner wasp from using hardware cloth of run from building a home. Getting to put chicks in this next week..

Don't worry about them, they are unlikely to sting you. I get those in my barn's loft, and I find them this time of year, when I am buying and stacking hay. I would wait until dusk, grab the nest, and pull it off. I just throw them out on the ground, but you could bag it and throw it in the garbage. =D

Back
Top Bottom