Illinois...

I am clearing out the pics on my phone to make room for video of my grandson's Christmas performance tomorrow. Its insane that 75% of the pictures on my phone are of chickens! Anyways, posting a couple of the SL chicks, a blue and black orp that are about 6 weeks old, and some of the Blue Isbars are 8 weeks. And by the way, I contacted the young man that I gave 2 of the isbar chicks to for his broody. I wanted to find out how many pullet/cockerels for this hatch. He sent me pics because he couldn't tell. But I was so excited, 6 pullets and 1 cockerel out of that hatch. Best hatch ever for me and even ended up with a splash pullet. Will be selling a Trio, blue cockerel, blue and black pullets. $50 in case anyone is interested.

Easiest way to get them out of their dog crate so I can clean it, put some food and water out.
@Faraday40 I hope Cookie is on the mend. Keep us posted.

I am clearing out the pics on my phone to make room for video of my grandson's Christmas performance tomorrow. Its insane that 75% of the pictures on my phone are of chickens! Anyways, posting a couple of the SL chicks, a blue and black orp that are about 6 weeks old, and some of the Blue Isbars are 8 weeks. And by the way, I contacted the young man that I gave 2 of the isbar chicks to for his broody. I wanted to find out how many pullet/cockerels for this hatch. He sent me pics because he couldn't tell. But I was so excited, 6 pullets and 1 cockerel out of that hatch. Best hatch ever for me and even ended up with a splash pullet. Will be selling a Trio, blue cockerel, blue and black pullets. $50 in case anyone is interested.

It could be worse. You be like me with 75% misc chicken pics, & we have school-age children! LOL

Pic below made me laugh! I love your creative & free feeders.
lau.gif

Easiest way to get them out of their dog crate so I can clean it, put some food and water out.
@Faraday40 I hope Cookie is on the mend. Keep us posted.
Make sure you call them as you put the food down. Easiest way to train them to come.

I think Cookie's getting a little better.

Haha I like that photo too. I have the metal trough feeder out in the garage. I gave up on that one because they pooped on it, tipped it over and was always a mess. The isbars have the 2 other plastic round feeders, but I have discovered the milk jugs work well. And because I go through a lot of milk because of the boys, its a great option to replace as needed. I have also discover large elevated dog bowls for the bigger group outside is working well. Less feed wasted as with their 3 gallon galvanized feeders.

Took the kids to see Santa. (As usual we skipped the mall & went to the Bank, where the parents are encouraged to take as many photos as they wish & each child gets a stuffed Beanie toy, giant candy cane, & a long talk on Santa's lap.) Since they were dressed up, we took some Xmas photos too & as usual chicken pics also ended up in my camera.

Here's my son's baby. She's a little too much chicken for him to handle, but boy do they love each other.

I'm sure all the people driving by our house thought I was nuts.

If you could all please keep my family and my Grandpa in your prayers. Today it was decided that Tuesday my Grandpa will be going to live in an Alzheimer's care home and we are not taking it well. It's a local place and seems like a good one, but my great grandfather died shortly after being admitted to a similar but nicer place. My mother is a nurse and her and I lived with my grandparents for over three years to try and keep him at home, as she made him that promise when he was horrified after being diagnosed with the horrible disease. However it has become clear that it is no longer safe for him to live at home despite the many safety measures we implemented. He is also to the point that he frequently doesn't recognize even my Grandma and most of the time doesn't know where he is. My Grandpa is like a father to me as my own has fallen horribly short. Please pray for my mother's, grandmother's, and family's peace during this awful time, and please pray that we can salvage this Christmas in spite of how bleak things feel today. Thank you guys.

If you could all please keep my family and my Grandpa in your prayers. Today it was decided that Tuesday my Grandpa will be going to live in an Alzheimer's care home and we are not taking it well. It's a local place and seems like a good one, but my great grandfather died shortly after being admitted to a similar but nicer place. My mother is a nurse and her and I lived with my grandparents for over three years to try and keep him at home, as she made him that promise when he was horrified after being diagnosed with the horrible disease. However it has become clear that it is no longer safe for him to live at home despite the many safety measures we implemented. He is also to the point that he frequently doesn't recognize even my Grandma and most of the time doesn't know where he is. My Grandpa is like a father to me as my own has fallen horribly short. Please pray for my mother's, grandmother's, and family's peace during this awful time, and please pray that we can salvage this Christmas in spite of how bleak things feel today. Thank you guys.
I will keep you all in my prayers. My mother also had Alzheimers, and it is a horrible disease.

praying

Have to do a little bragging. I entered Bella, my blue marans, into the Champion Row online poultry show, and she took 1st Place and Best Variety in the Blue Marans group. So proud!

Here's my DD with her hen, Precious. (aka our camera hog) We like the way Precious stretches out her neck & rests her head on DD's shoulder to give hugs.

Praying for all of you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom