Illinois...

Morning all!

I was looking for Corid my area (60046) my local feed store doesn't carry it and the rep hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I will be traveling southwards today near Dupage county (northern end) if there are any places there too.

Where do you purchase it from?

I proactively purchase mine on Ebay, and have it on hand...

Not that it will help you much in your travels, but Blain's Farm and Fleet has it in stock, although I suggest calling the specific store to confirm before the drive...

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/391733-merial-corid-20-soluable-powder.html

The Sturtvant, WI location is actually easier to get to from our location, as you can shoot up 94, but Woodstock is also an option...

If you head up there their house brand feed (Agrimaster) is on sale right now, $10.49 for layer or $10.99 for chick starter or all flock, buy a few bags and it negates the gas money over local prices... I just drove up there and picked up 8 bags this weekend myself...

Also if you do shoot up to the Sturtvant, WI location there is a Tractor Supply in Burlington, WI as a fallback option...

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/corid-20-amprolium-soluble-powder-10-oz?cm_vc=-10005

Last edited:
Thanks @MeepBeep @jerseyridgearts & @Faraday40

I ended up calling the company and found it in stock at "Big R" in McHenry, which is way closer than F&F. (At least it seems closer)

Last edited:
Thanks @MeepBeep

I ended up calling the company and found it in stock at "Big R" in McHenry, which is way closer than F&F. (At least it seems closer)

Yeah McHenry is closer.... I keep forgetting they opened one of those in McHenry, stuck in my old ways...

I just glanced at their feed prices, and they are not bad either, might have to start considering them for feed...

Last edited:
Here are some things I wish I new to have ready at hand when I started out. If there is anything else, feel free to add to the list for the newbies.
1. Corid
2. Denaguard- liquid broad spectrum antibiotic, great for respiratory issues. And just a reminder, the article I read a while back, says we will not be able to get liquid antibiotics over the counter after this year, if I remember correctly. So I will be buying a couple of bottles.
3. Blue Kote- for cuts and scraps.
4. Electrolytes

And I just added Oxine to my must haves. It is used as a multi use sanitizer. You can use by activating it with citric acid and use it in a fogger to sanitize coops, you can use to clean your eggs, to disinfect drinking water supply. You can also use it not activated for cleaning food dishes, waterers. It is a fungicidal-bactericidal-virucidal.

Here are some things I wish I new to have ready at hand when I started out. If there is anything else, feel free to add to the list for the newbies.
1. Corid
2. Denaguard- liquid broad spectrum antibiotic, great for respiratory issues. And just a reminder, the article I read a while back, says we will not be able to get liquid antibiotics over the counter after this year, if I remember correctly. So I will be buying a couple of bottles.
4. Electrolytes

And I just added Oxine to my must haves. It is used as a multi use sanitizer. You can use by activating it with citric acid and use it in a fogger to sanitize coops, you can use to clean your eggs, to disinfect drinking water supply. You can also use it not activated for cleaning food dishes, waterers. It is a fungicidal-bactericidal-virucidal.
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Corid going to become prescription only starting 2017?

1. Corid
4. Electrolytes

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Corid going to become prescription only starting 2017?

i don't believe Amprolium (Corid) is set to go prescription as it's only a niacin blocker, I believe the changes coming are for antibiotics...

I suspect we will see A LOT of overseas sellers start offering the antibiotics on the gray market once this happens, and I have to wonder what kind of loopholes will be exploited by sellers in the US... I see a lot of problems with blanket bans like this... For example what do fish keepers do when they need meds, put the fish in a bucket and take it to a vet that likely has no clue about fish? The stress of that transport alone is bound to kill an already sick fish, that is why there is a current exemption for scripts for 'fish use'...

We are going to have to see how the changes in antibiotics actually roll out...

I am cutting down my flock further and just posted this ad on craigslist in case someone is interested. Hopefully its just temporary and I will be able to pick-up again soon but sadly that seems to be it for now.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/grd/5624514068.html

May have some others apart from the ad so just ask!

Also willing to do a last hatch of the year on order for folks who might be interested in chicks from my flock before it is separated:

1. Mauve rooster x chocolate orpington hen:

Will produce half mauve and half chocolate chicks

2. Mauve rooster x choc cuckoo orpington hen

Should produce mauve and choc pullets and choc cuckoo and mauve cuckoo roosters.

3. Mauve rooster x Black mottled orpington hen

Should produce mauve and chocolate pullets (both split to mottled)
and black and blue roosters both split to chocolate as well as mottled.

4. Mauve rooster x Black Australorp

Should produce mauve and chocolate pullets and blue and black roosters split to chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom