Illinois...

Hello! I'm new to BYC and started my flock with 3 free birds yesterday - 2 hens and a roo: Ameracauna roo, leghorn hen, and another standard hen, unsure of breed. More coming Saturday!

Anyone from the Quad Cities area?

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your chickies!

Quote:
TNR is Trap Neuter Return. I started feeding what I thought was 1 feral (wild) cat that ended up being more like 17. Raised many litters of newborn kittens, and found homes for them. The process is trapping the cats, getting them fixed, and then returning them to their habitat. The organization I went through charged $20.00 a cat, including ear tipping, to identify a fixed feral, a 3 year rabies shot, micro chip, worming, and more. Being a caretaker, I provide food and shelter. The shelter is heated in the winter. In 3 years I am down to 3 cats. I was fortunate to tame 3 that I have adopted. They get hit by cars, or never come back because of god knows what. But there are no new baby kitties on the street to grow up and continue to produce even more kitties on the street.

That is so cool! I live in a really small town. We have wild cats all over town. They usually hang out behind the coupla restaurants that we have. You cannot get close to these cats. TNR is not something that we have ever done here. I wonder what our city council would say to this. I think its a fantastic Idea. Thanks for the information.

Anyone in McHenry County, or Lake County? I may end up with a few too many chicks, and ducklings in the near future. As everyone says, hatching is addicting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom