Illinois...

You're stronger than I am. I already had an incubator going when Junaid's eggs arrived!
:oops:
Don't worry, there's still time & I have almost 30 chicks at the moment.

Most of the chicks from my flock were supposed to be lav orps..... but a little orp rooster named BRICK was a lot more active than I had thought. About 1/2 of my lav orp eggs hatched out cuckoo patterned. The good news is that his choc gene made them sexlinked & I had someone willing to take all the known males. If anyone wants a choc cuckoo chick (high chance of pullet) or a lav orp give me a pm.

HAHAHAHA :lau:thumbsup If I had a way to do it with out husband noticing I WOULD.

This waiting for the first egg thing is killing me. Licorice and Peaches are so red they almost look purple, they are noisy and they squat. 18 weeks tomorrow. In the mean time it seems cream puff and meringue are now fully integrated. We let olive and sassy come and go as they please from the safe zone. We tried to introduce the Polish girls and it wasnt as calm as we had hoped for. So for now they stay in the safe zone, which is a dog pen fence (as seen in previous posts) blocking off a chunk of the run. The big girls cant be bothered to get over it, and every one else can clear it easy... so we just let them be.

The new baby chickens are getting in little tail stubs and have pretty good little wings now. The duckies have already learned how to make a mess with their water, so they are definitely ducks.. We discovered one of the black ducks has a bit of white eyeliner, only way to tell them apart. Hopefully it stays as she grows:fl

Here's what hatched from the blue laced orp eggs. They look so different from ea other.
img_1617-jpg.1046987

Here's a blk/lav split (has some purple food color on belly to mark it)
img_1619-jpg.1046988

The blue/Buff Colombian Orp.
Because I've been breeding the lav orps, it's been 2-3 years since I've even seen a yellow fuzzy chick. It's adorable! I never had a buff orp before.
img_1620-jpg.1046989

Almost forgot: To keep them broody & willing to adopt my chicks, i slipped a few eggs under both Cookie & Trouble.

Trouble is still waiting for her 2 eggs to hatch..... but I heard them peeping this morning.
IMG_1636.JPG
Cookie's 3 eggs hatched yesterday & last night.
IMG_1642.JPG

The one on left is actually Cookie's biological chick (with a young lav orp or maybe even Spitzhauben father)
The other two chicks came from lav orp hens (with Brick as the daddy), so a boy in middle & girl on the right.

The little chocolate chicks are the cutest!

Im not sure if this is allowed or not, but if anyone with in 2 hours of me is interested in more information about exchange students let me know! This is the time we try to find our host families.

As long as postings are not offensive, there are no restrictions as to what they are. Some posting I seen (not on Illinois thread) were of political nature. This is a CHICKEN FORUM. those posting were not deleted, but went nonrespondent to. We do post other things here besides chicken related.:)
I was just reading your previous post of your duck having a white eyeliner. I think maybe she can be the MAYBELLINE POSTER DUCK... :lau
Maybe it is an appropriate name for her??? :yesss:

I promise to keep it to a minimum about the students.

And well, I would name her Maybelline except for when my husband named our Chihuahua Cookie (she was our first pet together) he decided all future pets have to be food names haha. WE are having to get creative as the chickens and ducks have grown to so many...

I promise to keep it to a minimum about the students.

And well, I would name her Maybelline except for when my husband named our Chihuahua Cookie (she was our first pet together) he decided all future pets have to be food names haha. WE are having to get creative as the chickens and ducks have grown to so many...
:D Food names are Banned with our chicks, with the exception of one old hen Nugget, all our food related chicks have perished early!

Is your DH secretly :oops: working for the Android OS naming authority??? Here may be some clues if he accidentally slips up and starts using some of these names.
Cupcake
Donut
Eclair
Froyo
Gingerbread
Honeycomb
Ice cream sandwich
Jellybean
KitKat
Lollipop
Marshmallow
Nougat