Illinois...

stinky-kittens1.jpg

One on left, same hair color as you DD...
Can it be???

I just read a funny (but recently appropriate) quote:
Keep your chickens safe from predators, buy and wear fur.

What's also getting me upset is that the mice have recently discovered our chicken coop. Never had problems before now. I grabbed a couple mousetraps & caught 4 already. Why is the fox working so hard to get at my chickens & not eating the mice buffet scampering around?

I just read a funny (but recently appropriate) quote:
Keep your chickens safe from predators, buy and wear fur.

What's also getting me upset is that the mice have recently discovered our chicken coop. Never had problems before now. I grabbed a couple mousetraps & caught 4 already. Why is the fox working so hard to get at my chickens & not eating the mice buffet scampering around?
That quote is signature of chickengeorgeto. You may have read a posting by him. Cool dude. He is the one that gave me the following pix many moons ago.
LL.jpeg

I have used it in crafty postings. I think I used it here as well.

BTW. Maybe the fox is after those mice. Mickey and Minnie, and your chickens just are in his travel path. :lau

Hello all! I was wondering if any of you wanted some "Collectors" Quails? These are known as New World Quails and or Game Quails.
I have
  • 7 Blue Scale quails unsexed for $25 each (Hatched Aug. 10th, 2017)
  • 11 Snowflake Bobwhite quails unsexed for $15 each ( Hatched Aug 10th 2017)
  • 11 Snowflake Bobwhite quails unsexed for $15 each (Hatched Aug 26th, 2017) Unrelated from other group of snowflakes
  • 10 Northern Bobwhite quails for $8 each unsexed (Hatched Sep. 2nd, 2017)
  • Can ship but will have to buy A reasonable amount and have to pay for shipping costs and $10 box.
BLue Scale.JPG IMG_2428.JPG IMG_2429.JPG IMG_2430.JPG IMG_2424.JPG

Hi... I am from just across the border in Wisconsin, near orangeville, Illinois! I have family in Naperville also. Looking for show quality Dominiques. Anyone know of good ones? Either looking for young pullets and cockerel, or will be looking for hatching eggs in December... Would rather pick up than ship...but flexible

Hi... I am from just across the border in Wisconsin, near orangeville, Illinois! I have family in Naperville also. Looking for show quality Dominiques. Anyone know of good ones? Either looking for young pullets and cockerel, or will be looking for hatching eggs in December... Would rather pick up than ship...but flexible

Welcome. I have family in Naperville too! I only have one Dom. She's fantastic, but all I could give you is DomxOrpington eggs. It's a great combo, but not for show or breeding. I think Doms are a terrific breed, though. You will love them! Sorry I can't help you more.

BTW- Here's Oopsie (the adopted broody mama) with her Domxorp chick (nicknamed Penguin). This combo looks like a slightly less fluffy orp with a rose comb. They tend to get their Dom intelligence, curiosity, and pinkish eggs from their biological mom and their super shiny black feathers, good looks, and cuddliness from their orp dad.

The rest of the chicks have already been rehomed, but I had to hold one back to stay with the mama. (One time I sold all of a hen's chicks & she went into a bad depression.) When mama's ready to let go, Penguin will probably move to a home with the rest of her siblings.
IMG_4293.JPG

Here are a few more pics from today.
My Penciled Rock pullet is finally getting red in the face. March 30th hatch, so I hope she begins to lay soon.
IMG_4278.JPG

Jewel -my blue orp - who's currently broody. I swear she looked like a full size turkey today when all puffed out during her bio break. 1st time broody & eggs are due to hatch next weekend. Cookie just also started going broody, so I'm letting her be a back-up.
IMG_4326.JPG

Poor Tyrion is molting.
IMG_4286.JPG

Two of the June Orps (from @Junibutt) trying to stay cool in the shade.
IMG_4299.JPG

The laced orp cockeral looks good. He's so sweet & funny too. (also from @Junibutt)
IMG_4302.JPG

Caught him mid flap but it looks like he's trying to dance. LOL
IMG_4304.JPG

Here's Mini Moose (also nicknamed "Mr Nice Guy") He's 5.5 months now.
IMG_4316.JPG

Last but not least is one of my DD's silkies. These spoiled birds spent almost all summer in her arms. Now that she is back in school, they are starved for attention. They circle my legs like a cat and then stand on my boots & cry to be picked up. The other day I was squatting down & petting my laced orps until a jealous ball of fluff chased them off. Yes, my fierce looking laced orp cock (pics above) got frightened away by a silkie less than 1/2 his size.
IMG_4282.JPG

Back
Top Bottom