Illinois...

Northern Illinois, SW Chicago burbs. Wanting to move more south to a more chicken friendly, less expensive location.
:welcome
I can't help with the less expensive, but you've already found a very chicken-friendly location....HERE on BYC!

Believe it or not, but the laws in the city are far more chicken & rooster friendly than in the Chicago suburbs. Of course, you probably already know that.

Do you have any chickens now? If yes, please post some pics.

F3403207-59B2-4012-87AC-7C3C107B0EE2.jpeg
:welcome
I can't help with the less expensive, but you've already found a very chicken-friendly location....HERE on BYC!

Believe it or not, but the laws in the city are far more chicken & rooster friendly than in the Chicago suburbs. Of course, you probably already know that.

Do you have any chickens now? If yes, please post some pics.

Thank you all for the welcome! :frow

And Oh yes, I’ve looked into the laws. While they are allowed in my city, the property I have, they technically aren’t. Although someone in my neighborhood has a roo, not allowed at all. My daughter has seen someone near her school with many. And all of my neighbors are pretty cool or don’t care. One even has another friend in the same city as us that also has a few. So, I have 3 girls. I have back up plans if anything ever gets hairy.

Here’s a pic of them checking in, trying to find the source of food and treats that come out of this door for them :lol:

Does anyone still have hatching eggs or chicks for a couple bucks each I'm located in Berkeley il
Cant help you with eggs. I only have hens, and no roo.
You are right next door to me (2 miles apart) so if you had chicken questions, I would be able to answer . I know where you can get adult chickens all day long. (butcher shop in Chitown. 3) You take them live. I also know the feed store on 5500 s Harlem has same, as well as chicks. Probably no chicks until spring. ??? There are a number of BYC members in the Metro area here. Never know who can help with your chicken needs.:)

Frost is coming, so I took care of my potted flowers.:) What is left is my HUGE potted Cannas.
778.jpg

The pot is a 36 inch or somewhere in the ballpark. I decided to container grow these since cannas will not winter over in our zone 5 climate. My intention (I always look for the easiest way out) is to let frost stop the progress. I will cut back the expired foliage and store pot in the utility room over winter.
Read this article. https://www.almanac.com/plant/cannas

These plants can be left in the ground in zone 7 to 10. Zone 7 means short periods of cold down to 0 F. Most likely the plants there have to be under a nice blanket of mulch. In my utility room temps are not likely to drop below 32F. I feel safe.
If anyone else near here keeps these, please chime in with your suggestions. I am always in a learning mood. :)

Cant help you with eggs. I only have hens, and no roo.
You are right next door to me (2 miles apart) so if you had chicken questions, I would be able to answer . I know where you can get adult chickens all day long. (butcher shop in Chitown. 3) You take them live. I also know the feed store on 5500 s Harlem has same, as well as chicks. Probably no chicks until spring. ??? There are a number of BYC members in the Metro area here. Never know who can help with your chicken needs.:)
Definitely I have one standard hen who is definitely a little off and I'm hoping she makes the winter because she is a great layer and the sweetest thing

Does anyone still have hatching eggs or chicks for a couple bucks each I'm located in Berkeley il
I have large barnyard mix eggs that are fertile. $5 a dozen... have a hen sitting on eggs that just started to hatch.. I gave her 13 and she was down to 9 Sunday so the fertility/hatchability is not too great... she hatched 12/12 in july.
I am by New Lenox/Joliet

Back
Top Bottom