Illinois...

Does anyone know where I can find info on my chicken breeds? Cinnamon Queen, Black Jersey Giant, Buff Orpington, and The Kellogg's Rooster?
I have CQ and BJG .. I had a BO and still have a daughter.. mine are hatchery birds.. The BJG are not the size they should be..
. breeders have better birds... hatchery's are like puppy Mills... they breed as many as they can and don't worry to much on quality...

I ordered one Wellsummer rooster, they sent me two! Are yours friendly?
I don't know about the roosters. Our hen is more on the skittish side. I like the way she looks & those fun dark eggs. She seems to lay 2-3 days in a row, then 1 day off. She does fine free ranging, seems predator savvy, and never flies over the fence. She's over a year old now, so I doubt she'll ever be a cuddler. We have orps & 2 silkies for that. The Welsummer is here just for the pretty eggs.

Dozen Swedish Flower Hen hatching eggs available now $25.
That is if one more egg is laid today! Have 11 gathered... Hens in nest boxes...:fl
Just sayin'....
:drool

No mas for me until I find out just how many chicks I end up with next week.
My top hen is a Swedish flower hen by the way, she is too beautiful for the world.

:drool

No mas for me until I find out just how many chicks I end up with next week.
My top hen is a Swedish flower hen by the way, she is too beautiful for the world.

That's sort of where we're at - never, ever count the chicks before they hatch! 21 in 'bator, 19 are definately viable (I've not peeked again for a week, likely ought to...) - guaranteed that at least 60% will be cockerals! Hatch day in a week....can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom