Illinois...

My speckled Sussex rooster and two buff orpingtons were just taken by a fox so I'm left with 9 pulkets,speckled Sussex, 2 golden laced/2 silver laced, 2 red sex links and 2 australorps. Just hatched my first incubator eggs, have 8 2 weeks olds and have 13 more in the incubator although so far only 5 have developed few days in so we shall see! Look forward to getting to know you all

Attachments

• ChickenHumor.jpg
    ChickenHumor.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 6
Theses boys are looking for a new home. There is actually a third I dont seem to have a photo of. We are located in central Illinois.

View attachment 1562060
this is shawn. He was hatched in the spring. He is either a rir or a rir bo mix. Hes a good boy but is a little squirrelly.
View attachment 1562061
This is guster. He was also hatched in the spring. He is a ee br mix. Hes a good boy.

The third is a br polish mix. He was hatched early summer. He is adorable but still in the hen house because hes to young to be in the roo coop.
If you are interested please let me know. Preferably they would go to a home where they wont become dinner.
I should also mention we are not happy to be re-homing but have an overflow of rooster currently. We would love to keep them but do not have enough room to have adequate hens for them.

Can't edit this post for some reason but they have been re-homed. No longer available.

My speckled Sussex rooster and two buff orpingtons were just taken by a fox so I'm left with 9 pulkets,speckled Sussex, 2 golden laced/2 silver laced, 2 red sex links and 2 australorps. Just hatched my first incubator eggs, have 8 2 weeks olds and have 13 more in the incubator although so far only 5 have developed few days in so we shall see! Look forward to getting to know you all
So sorry to hear about your losses. If you lived closer, I could give you a very nice orpington cockerel. (We have extras & I'd prefer the nice boys go to a home rather than the freezer.) Hopefully you'll get some great chicks in your upcoming hatch.

BTW- Hatching can become very addictive. I had to lock up my incubators in the attic to prevent myself from hatching more chicks. My goal is to keep them off until 2019.

This is so true! My girls always eat and always want to be fed. They have been crushing our feremented feed and grain mixture and go crazy for scratch. They would eat nonstop if they could.:drool:pop The run was initially overgrown with weeds, but it (and part of the garden :he)bare dirt now thanks to their insatiable appetites. I feel like I could play Hungry Hungry Chickens if I put them around a kiddie pool of food. :lau

Back
Top Bottom