Illinois...

@BReeder!
I didn't tell DS about the quail and decided to let him discover them himself. It didn't take very long.
IMG_2827.JPG

.... and even better was when he found his 1st quail egg of the year! Now we have a full dozen to put in the incubator.
IMG_2828.JPG

Thank you.

Last edited:
@BReeder!
I didn't tell DS about the quail and decided to let him discover them himself. It didn't take very long.
View attachment 2071841

.... and even better was when he found his 1st quail egg of the year! Now we have a full dozen to put in the incubator.
View attachment 2071842
Thank you.
Awesome! I'm so happy they made an eggcellent debut. :woot

BTW, I had 12 eggs this morning to give you, but the first one I picked up cracked as I moved them into the egg carton to transport them. I grabbed it too firmly right over the air sac by accident, caving in there air sac.

but the first one I picked up cracked as I moved them into the egg carton to transport them. I grabbed it too firmly right over the air sac by accident, caving in there air sac.
At least you're not like me and slip them into my coat pocket. At least 1-2xs per year I accidentally feel a SQUISH when bumping a door or something! That's when I know my chicken coat & gloves need a wash.

Testing out my new toy!

It was very easy to set up. I had to move the turkey eggs around a bit to make sure they would turn. The quail eggs roll more half hazard, but they're going to be moved at some point anyway.
IMG_2858.JPG

I like the compact size
IMG_2859.JPG

The only thing I wasn't able to figure out is how to change the #incubation days. It's auto default is 21, but I want to increase it to 28. I held down the button as stated in the instructions, but all it did was indicate the # of days. The + - buttons did nothing. If I can't figure it out, I guess I could just reset it in a week when 21 days are left.

At least you're not like me and slip them into my coat pocket. At least 1-2xs per year I accidentally feel a SQUISH when bumping a door or something! That's when I know my chicken coat & gloves need a wash.
I actually do that too.
It almost happened yesterday actually. O had an egg in my jacket pocket when I found Tweedle all messy. I got her in the house, washed, dried and in the tub to fluff before I remembered the egg in my pocket. Fortunately, it was intact.

The only thing I wasn't able to figure out is how to change the #incubation days. It's auto default is 21, but I want to increase it to 28. I held down the button as stated in the instructions, but all it did was indicate the # of days. The + - buttons did nothing. If I can't figure it out, I guess I could just reset it in a week when 21 days are left.
I figured it out. :D

@Molpet, your turkey eggs hatch at 26-27 days right? (I remember they're a bit earlier)

Back
Top Bottom