Illinois...

@BReeder! Our son lives near the post office near downtown Plainfield. Happy to drop anything you’d like to have from my garden. Just let me know what kinds of plants you’re looking for (shade or sun, color, etc). The space along your drive would be too small for many of my daylilies but Stella D’Oro might be okay. I also have a couple other smaller ones that might work. Stellas are gold yellow that would give you the marigold color if that is what you like. I’ll look for pics. Daylilies are best split early spring or following bloom (July into August, though sometimes Stellas will have longer bloom times, hence their popularity).

@Molpet Just want to say thanks for your info on Tamblyn Farms. I’ll be meeting @WhyDoILikeChickens in Ottawa to pick up Non gmo soy free feed from them. It took a while and a recipe from Purdue but we are getting what we asked for at a great price. BYC peeps are the best!!!
Glad it worked out for you guys
Tamblyn are nice people

@WhyDoILikeChickens You are close to me, so if you decide to thin them out please let me know.

@NotAFarm I'm not sure exactly where you are located, I would take some from you though too if you are in a reasonable commute. In addition to the driveway, I have a ~30ft flower bed in the yard I need to redo and another ~30ft flower bed on the west side of the house that I'm working on cleaning up - it's all overgrown shrubs and no flowers to fill it in.
This is my neighborhood in relation to the mall they attacked. Many stores trashed but not as bad as larkin and ingalls.
20200602_230359.jpg

Many traveled past my house to go to the mall. Peaceful protest I support 100%. But I've lost all patience for this situation. We were listening to police radio app and In Naperville they were looting cars in driveways and half dozen home entries. Didn't hear about the B&E on the news though.
I wont play that game. Avid 2A supporter and probably all I can say within community guidelines.

Just want to say thanks everyone for the help with the brooder. I was able to get the girls settled in to a safe and secure brooder. They seem happy although way more skittish than my silkies.

The silkies would hop into my hand when I put it in the enclosure these Buffs run the other way. Although they will eat food out of my hand if I keep it in my hand still long enough.

So my silkies didn't make it.

Question for the group can I use a large Rubbermaid bin and some hardware as a brooder?

I'm so sorry :( My chicks were in a big rubbermaid tote until they started to fly out. I didn't have a top on it or they could have likely stayed longer but until I got a small coop set up for them, I put a window screen over the top with some books to weight it down. Worked fine for a temporary fix.

All of this looting and rioting is just too much. I know there are some who want to protest peacefully but too many are using it as an excuse to loot and destroy things and after 2+ months of having to hide in our houses because of COVID now these businesses still can't open and are being looted and destroyed? That does nothing to advance the cause and everything to discredit the entire thing. My kids' eye Dr appt was cancelled 3 times because of quarantine. Rescheduled for this morning and took the day off work to take them only to find out the Dr couldn't get there because of roadblocks on the expressway. So I guess we are rationing contact lenses because vision is not essential. I'm just over it!!

My question is: either all the rioters end up catching COVID since they were out there doing all the things we're not supposed to do or they don't and we find out it wasn't actually that contagious after all. Interested to see which way it goes!

All of this looting and rioting is just too much. I know there are some who want to protest peacefully but too many are using it as an excuse to loot and destroy things and after 2+ months of having to hide in our houses because of COVID now these businesses still can't open and are being looted and destroyed? That does nothing to advance the cause and everything to discredit the entire thing. My kids' eye Dr appt was cancelled 3 times because of quarantine. Rescheduled for this morning and took the day off work to take them only to find out the Dr couldn't get there because of roadblocks on the expressway. So I guess we are rationing contact lenses because vision is not essential. I'm just over it!!

My question is: either all the rioters end up catching COVID since they were out there doing all the things we're not supposed to do or they don't and we find out it wasn't actually that contagious after all. Interested to see which way it goes!
Covid is way more contagious than previously thought. But it's much less deadly. Death rate a little higher than the flu. That will go even lower if u could test everyone. A majority of cases are asymptomatic and never even cough. That's why it's crazy people take temperature to go in a building, not even screening 20% of infections. Most people sick stay home anyway.
It is however very bad for people with underlying conditions. But make them quarantine not 90% of healthy people. That's why this lockdown is purely political. Convenient catastrophe in election year against a president known for good economy.
Insert legal disclaimer here. I am not a doctor, I just play one on tv.

Back
Top Bottom