Illinois...

The babies are here!!!!

Here's some individual pics:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-chicks-hatched-yesterday.1419191/

I wish there was a way to post a bunch of pictures at once instead of clicking each one. Is there and I am just missing it?

Here's the box of fuzz:
IMG_20200929_105959.jpg

It has been quite a while since I've posted anything. I hope everybody is doing well.

I feel Old Man Winter knocking at the door already. I'm refusing to answer and hoping he goes away. Not likely of course.

The garden is getting cleaned. The turkeys are looking yummy for a feast. The ducks are likely freaking out about the impending freeze of their pond - except my drake, who was the victim of an attack (I would guess a fox) that left him headless in the lawn. The chickens... well they just don't give a crap about anything.

In family news, DD is about to turn 1 and DS will be 4. Both at the end of October. They'll be sharing a birthday party. DS started playschool recently, which had been an adjustment for him and us. He also picked out a pair of shoes today that cost me $65! SMH.

I was doing good for a while. My "last hatch" was done. I put all the other incubators into storage and did a thorough clean out of my little NR360 incubator.
:oops: I had some orp eggs on the counter that somehow ended up in here. Now I hope a hen goes broody for me.

The one rooster has not been fertile, so doubtful that half will even develop. (Reason why I'm growing out a replacement) The other rooster is at 50-75% fertility.
IMG_5595 (2).JPG

It has been quite a while since I've posted anything. I hope everybody is doing well.

I feel Old Man Winter knocking at the door already. I'm refusing to answer and hoping he goes away. Not likely of course.

The garden is getting cleaned. The turkeys are looking yummy for a feast. The ducks are likely freaking out about the impending freeze of their pond - except my drake, who was the victim of an attack (I would guess a fox) that left him headless in the lawn. The chickens... well they just don't give a crap about anything.

In family news, DD is about to turn 1 and DS will be 4. Both at the end of October. They'll be sharing a birthday party. DS started playschool recently, which had been an adjustment for him and us. He also picked out a pair of shoes today that cost me $65! SMH.
If you read back someone was looking to buy duck eggs.

I wish there was a way to post a bunch of pictures at once instead of clicking each one. Is there and I am just missing it?
You just need to play more video games to have faster fingers:highfive:
JK:gig
Actually there is that option, but I only use a computer, not a smarti pants fone.:old

When you go to attach files, a folder will pop up with your desired pictures.
High lite all those that you want to add, and then click OPEN on bottom of folder.
All those will attach to your posting at one stroke. :thumbsup

You just need to play more video games to have faster fingers:highfive:
JK:gig
Actually there is that option, but I only use a computer, not a smarti pants fone.:old

When you go to attach files, a folder will pop up with your desired pictures.
High lite all those that you want to add, and then click OPEN on bottom of folder.
All those will attach to your posting at one stroke. :thumbsup

I use the computer mostly too. I'll look on my phone but I don't like posting from it because I feel like every time I try to, I post something I didn't mean to. 😂

Oooooooh!!! I never use attach files, I usually just click the icon on top for pictures. Thanks!!!

Welcome back! Glad all is okay.
:wee

Welcome back! Glad all is okay.
:wee
We'll that's a questionable statement right now... I think I pulled my left lat (upper back) yesterday. Hoping it's not something more serious. Constant dull pain in left side of back. I was tossing around 100lb chunks of concrete and a 60lb jackhammer.
:he

So fermented feed or not? Specifically for cost savings. My experience.... I've been fermenting feed for a bit and if there is any feed reduction its maybe 10% . Yes feed has more volume but it seems they eat more. I haven't measured more than eyeball it (which is why I say maybe 10% savings) but it seems my chickens require 4 cups dry whether or not it's been fermented.
I certainly agree that it is a good change and mood booster. Maybe better nutrient absorption and easier digestion?
But I've seen claims that fermenting can save 50% and I have to rule myth busted.

Back
Top Bottom