Illinois...

Congrats, and enjoy. Dont worry about cold, chickens a far tougher than we think.
I'm not sure how safe alcohol would be in @cavemanrich 's "safekeeping".
DW and I were wondering how Disney would be..... the lines are long enough before social distancing. If Florida (i think Cali is closed anyway) you have to eat at Ohana and Cape May. There was another that has prime rib but I forgot the name, beach theme place.

I'm kind of a Disney fanatic. I was here 2 weeks ago and last month and in August. 😂😂 Pre-covid I used to do a lot of one day trips where I would take the first flight out of Midway and the last flight home and hit all 4 parks all by myself and it was the best day ever!!! Because I don't pay to get in and I always have enough Southwest points to fly free It's basically a free trip If I'm not staying overnight.

As far as the lines, it was amazing in August because hardly anyone was here. You could walk on to just about any ride and even though there were still things closed, with no one here it was magical. The worst part is no park hopping. You have to pick one park per day and that's rough when you want to eat dinner at Epcot but ride rides somewhere else. When I was here the beginning of November it was slammed. I felt badly because a friend that met me here after hearing about no lines was disappointed in the crowds.😔 But 2 weeks ago it was empty again. It's busy-ish now because of the holidays but nothing like last year this time. Definitely worth coming!!

Merry Christmas everyone!
PXL_20201224_174000166.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!

I just got home a but ago from a small family gathering for Christmas Eve. Just my family, brother, parents, sister and her family. Same group tomorrow except my niece and nephew (sister's step kids) will not be there. Today was Christmas for them with this side of their family. We had fun and made our pretty well in the white elephant gift exchange. Now I have to do Santa's work though and get gifts under the tree.

In chicken news, we got five eggs today from 10 hens. That's impressive with these fridgid temps. I have supplemental lighting in the evening hours, which seems to be doing the trick. Unfortunately though, every egg was frozen and cracked by the time we collected them. I ended up tossing them out.

Last edited:
Unfortunately though, every egg was frozen and cracked by the time we collected them. I ended up tossing them out.
I would have collected, boiled, and fed back to chickens. Protein is protein. Its like putting egg thru chicken recycling/reprocessing to produce a non-cracked one with less nutrition loss. :idunno

Time for some updated chicken photos.

The laced orps are still molting but starting to get back their curves.

IMG_6358 (2).jpg

This one shows Stormy's butt and the color difference between blue & black.
IMG_6371 (2).jpg

Here's the lav cockerel with Calamity (lav) and Chaos (black)
IMG_6347 (2).jpg

These 2 are ALWAYS together.
IMG_6363 (2).jpg

He knows he looks good!
IMG_6350 (2).jpg

This shows Calamity's personality. If I do not acknowledge her, she continues to follow me, squawk loudly, get underfoot, peck at my jeans, etc. just to get my attention. Can you see my shoe in both pics? Sometimes she goes as far as to stand on my foot.
IMG_6397.jpg

IMG_6399 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom