Illinois...

Our house is too quiet. My last remaining dog spent most of last night waking me up to show me that Nika isn't where she's supposed to be. She did that a few months ago when Sonja died too. Poor baby is lonely and the chickens are all she has to bring her joy and they don't want to play in the snow.

I put in an application and was approved to adopt, so this bonded pair is joining our pack on Sunday! I have to drive to Ohio to pick them up but I wanted a bonded pair of female huskies so it's not something you just find laying around any old place. Lucky for me, it's not every home that's prepared for a bonded pair of huskies either so it seems like we both found the right fit. They are pack-oriented and my girl needs some sisters and we're a husky family so our house and lives are already husky-ready.

1st pic.jpg

Our house is too quiet. My last remaining dog spent most of last night waking me up to show me that Nika isn't where she's supposed to be. She did that a few months ago when Sonja died too. Poor baby is lonely and the chickens are all she has to bring her joy and they don't want to play in the snow.

I put in an application and was approved to adopt, so this bonded pair is joining our pack on Sunday! I have to drive to Ohio to pick them up but I wanted a bonded pair of female huskies so it's not something you just find laying around any old place. Lucky for me, it's not every home that's prepared for a bonded pair of huskies either so it seems like we both found the right fit. They are pack-oriented and my girl needs some sisters and we're a husky family so our house and lives are already husky-ready.

View attachment 2544853
That is just wonderful! I'm so happy for you. It's always good when there is light at the end of the tunnel! :love

My box trap has been sprung and moved 2 days in a row. 10 ft to the east and 20 ft to the north, drug up against the house. I covered it with a leaf bag, so maybe it will go in instead of springing.
Also thought it might be a cat. I found a dp trap and baited it with apple butter. I think a cat wouldn't like it

Glad you got it
Me too!

I reset the tap trap. It isn't bated but it's right in front of the compost and a few feet from the duck and chicken runs. That seems to be the target area overall for the opossums. I'm just sick of losing ducks to attacks. Happy I didn't lose one this time. I think I would have if the trap wasn't out there.

Back
Top Bottom