Illinois...

Hi from the Western Chicago suburbs/630.

Anyone local? Looking for some help getting started and locating a coturnix quail breeder (or someone willing to sell chicks/young).
Welcome aboard. I dont know if anyone is currently active with quail. @BReeder! Had lots and may know where to get. Honestly I've seen lots of experiments where people bought quail eggs from the store and incubated them to hatch a few out of a dozen.

Those around Naperville, I just found a new (to me) store that I love. It's Garden Fresh on 75th near Naperville Plainfield Rd. It's right by the DMV license service facility. We were over there because DW went and got her license. Which should have been the highlight of the trip. However, my inner foodie fell in love at the grocery store as I bummed around with DS waiting for DW to finish her driving test. I came home with all sorts of goodies: pickled tomatoes and baby dills, lamb kabob fresh off the skewers, fresh made pita, fresh sushi, fresh made humus, and several other things. Good prices on produce too and a wide variety. It's a 25 min drive for me, but I will be back.

I know that store well. I like the prices and the unique ethnic foods. I grew up just a bit south of there and my Dad and Sis still live in that same house.

So how bad was the wait at DMV? It’s on my list of things I need to do.

Hi from the Western Chicago suburbs/630.

Anyone local? Looking for some help getting started and locating a coturnix quail breeder (or someone willing to sell chicks/young).
I ordered from a small breeder in Georgia. I think they were named Peachtree Hill or something like that. I honestly cannot remember now. I no longer have quail myself. I did have over 100 at one time though. Check craigslist for locals who have them or ebay to order eggs. Ebay is actually how I found the supplier I used.

Best of luck.

I know that store well. I like the prices and the unique ethnic foods. I grew up just a bit south of there and my Dad and Sis still live in that same house.

So how bad was the wait at DMV? It’s on my list of things I need to do.
The DMV line wrapped around the side of the strip mall there. It was just over an hour for DW to get in to schedule an appointment for her driving test. Fortunately, a neighbor of ours work there and seen DW as she got into the building and he escalated things from there. She was taking her driving test just a few minutes later when she would have waited another 2-3 hours for the test. I guys knowing somebody at the DMV is useful. :)

BReeder if you're still interested in muscovies I just found somebody who has a ton of them. I just picked up a dog for foster. It's on a farmlet and they have them running all over. The foster director said she'd be happy to move them along.
Just wanted to chime in on Muscovies. They are flighty, and can decide to fly away to neighbors pond, or such. Or even further like a more distant location. Sometimes they will return, and leave again.
If interested I can link to posts where it happened.

Back
Top Bottom