Illinois...

This obnoxious little broody earned herself a middle name. Millie Jean thinks that she is the one. She's only been laying for a month!

PXL_20210418_190932320.jpg
PXL_20210418_190938835.jpg

This weather is crap. Wet and cold is not my ideal climate.

Not sure if it's the weather or just me, but this 30yr old is feeling 60. Every joint wants to pop and crack this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed. And I really want to play hookie from work, but I have obligations this afternoon I cannot ditch without expecting repercussions.

View attachment 2620967
The explanation is inside spoiler.

View attachment 2620979
Yes,,, at new home. This is Lo from Whydoilikechickens flock :love
So glad she will have a good home. Also so glad to get my garage back from quarantined chickens. Please let me know when she settles in with the flock. You should get a medium/ large egg almost daily once the stress is over.

This weather is crap. Wet and cold is not my ideal climate.

Not sure if it's the weather or just me, but this 30yr old is feeling 60. Every joint wants to pop and crack this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed. And I really want to play hookie from work, but I have obligations this afternoon I cannot ditch without expecting repercussions.
Prepare for snow! :mad: :he:he

Prepare for snow! :mad: :he:he
Anyone know what will happen to my little cherry bush? It's in full bloom. Last year's April snow caused all the flowers to fall off ..... then no cherries. :hit It seemed to struggle just a bit over the summer. It's beautiful now.

Not sure if snow/temps are going to be as cold or as as many days as last year. The tree's been in bloom a few days. (Perhaps some are already pollinated.)

Any ideas if there's any way to protect it?

Anyone know what will happen to my little cherry bush? It's in full bloom. Last year's April snow caused all the flowers to fall off ..... then no cherries. :hit It seemed to struggle just a bit over the summer. It's beautiful now.

Not sure if snow/temps are going to be as cold or as as many days as last year. The tree's been in bloom a few days. (Perhaps some are already pollinated.)

You could cover with a sheet

So glad she will have a good home. Also so glad to get my garage back from quarantined chickens. Please let me know when she settles in with the flock. You should get a medium/ large egg almost daily once the stress is over.
She is homeset already. :thumbsup First day I placed her inside coop with a partition in it. Second day I noticed she went inside coop during day to lay egg. I removed partition. I still had to capture her for the night to place inside to sleep.
Yesterday, I just had to chase her a lil and she ran inside on her own. :yesss:
She is paying her dues by producing an egg each day so far.:old :hugs:highfive:
Only thing I can suggest, is placing some old bed-sheets over the top, and hope for the best. Doing this will keep the wet-cold snow off the blooms. The colder frost temps will also have a negative effect, but the covering may help some.
I would also loose fruit bearing on my trees during the spring frosts in the past.

I'm worried about my peach tree too. It's the first year it bloomed and this late frost might fame the blooms and prevent fruit from forming. The booms have been on it for about two or three weeks already, so pollination is likely underway already for some time. I'm worked about the "pregnant" flowers freezing more so than the petals dropping. If the ovule or gynoecium freeze I get no fruit. :(

Back
Top Bottom