Illinois...

I started seeing my tiger lilies suddenly look sad. I thought rabbit but found my Brahmas and orpington eating them. All of a sudden this year they decide to eat them....... Grrrrrrrr!
20210501_183038.jpg

I started seeing my tiger lilies suddenly look sad. I thought rabbit but found my Brahmas and orpington eating them. All of a sudden this year they decide to eat them....... Grrrrrrrr!
View attachment 2653074
I'll say it again... I don't know of a plant that my chickens will not eat. They are voracious omnivores.

:welcome
Welcome to the thread. What chickens are you getting?
I just ordered some Frizzeled Easter Eggers and Isabel Orpington eggs from mypetchicken. I have used them before with decent hatching results. But I also have been known to hatch fertile eggs from the local grocery store. I just love hatching eggs!

We posted the rooster for free and still haven’t gotten anything but a few of those send me a code spammers. We can’t even give him away! And he’s starting to mount the girls. Bah!

but whoever laid that one tiny egg has had a few more since then. So someone started laying at 17 weeks on the dot. They are all still tiny. I’m hoping it isn’t actually one of my silked ee girls laying actually silkie like eggs instead of the supposedly larger and blue eggs.

I just ordered some Frizzeled Easter Eggers and Isabel Orpington eggs from mypetchicken. I have used them before with decent hatching results. But I also have been known to hatch fertile eggs from the local grocery store. I just love hatching eggs!
I got my newest chicks from there. One missex but otherwise they are great!

I’m hoping it isn’t actually one of my silked ee girls laying actually silkie like eggs instead of the supposedly larger and blue eggs.
When I had my Easter Egger Chickens, (three) each layed a different color. One was light blue, One was pinkish to tan-brown, and last was green to olive in color. Their color of eggs did vary in shade intensity depending on their diet. They free-ranged, and snacked on whatever was out in the yard to munch on.:drool:drool:drool
I'm writing this to share what I know about EE's. They lay assorted colors, not just blue. :love

When I had my Easter Egger Chickens, (three) each layed a different color. One was light blue, One was pinkish to tan-brown, and last was green to olive in color. Their color of eggs did vary in shade intensity depending on their diet. They free-ranged, and snacked on whatever was out in the yard to munch on.:drool:drool:drool
I'm writing this to share what I know about EE's. They lay assorted colors, not just blue. :love
Mpc says the silked Easter eggers should lay blue. Something to do with the way it’s tied to the silkie feather genes. One of our older ee girls lays a kind of rosy colored egg. I’m fine with the variation in the other eggs, I just was hoping to avoid the bantam creamy eggs by getting the silked ee girls lol. That was a huge part of the appeal for them. If it is one of them oh well. They are super sweet and are cute as can be and won’t be booted out for their eggs.

Back
Top Bottom