Illinois...

The warning has points. That's interesting.
That is very interesting. Is that why you have more BYC points than me???? :lau

I don't really check my own profile page. It's kind of like your own ph#. Since I never call myself, why would I know it? LOL But I did find out that people sent me birthday wishes there (for a few years now :oops:) and I have followers. Who knew?!

That is very interesting. Is that why you have more BYC points than me???? :lau

I don't really check my own profile page. It's kind of like your own ph#. Since I never call myself, why would I know it? LOL But I did find out that people sent me birthday wishes there (for a few years now :oops:) and I have followers. Who knew?!
Yeah I don't check mine either. I don't know about the points either, or much about awards and badges. But I did get upset when I got a slap for misbehaving..... didn't want to loose the info here.

But I did get upset when I got a slap for misbehaving.....
I think I ran across those details :old
1632335122058.png

I haven't been on in a while... Happy fall y'all!!
I have a few questions, I have a 6.5 month Easter egger that has laid one blue egg- but she laid it a month ago and hasn't laid again. She is acting fine, does that happen sometimes?

Also I have a Gold laced polish that is getting picked on. I noticed she was missing a few feathers by her tail, but today I noticed she is bloody there. ☹️ Is there anything I should do or just watch it?

I have 75sqft of enclosed coop space plus a run that's 170sqft. I knew I needed more roosting space, but hadn't gotten around to it bc they were babies and didn't need it... I'm working on adding now. I have 8' and am adding 4' of additional roost.

Anything else I should be aware of or watching?

I haven't been on in a while... Happy fall y'all!!
I have a few questions, I have a 6.5 month Easter egger that has laid one blue egg- but she laid it a month ago and hasn't laid again. She is acting fine, does that happen sometimes?

Also I have a Gold laced polish that is getting picked on. I noticed she was missing a few feathers by her tail, but today I noticed she is bloody there. ☹️ Is there anything I should do or just watch it?

I have 75sqft of enclosed coop space plus a run that's 170sqft. I knew I needed more roosting space, but hadn't gotten around to it bc they were babies and didn't need it... I'm working on adding now. I have 8' and am adding 4' of additional roost.

Anything else I should be aware of or watching?
I'm thinking stress is a possible issue leading to both hens' issues. But need more info...

Any roos? And how many chickens in that space? Also, are your other chickens large breed? Polish is smaller if I recall...
And are you sure it's feather pecking and not mites?

I'm thinking stress is a possible issue leading to both hens' issues. But need more info...

Any roos? And how many chickens in that space? Also, are your other chickens large breed? Polish is smaller if I recall...
And are you sure it's feather pecking and not mites?
No roos
12 total pullets; about 7 of those currently laying
I don't know about mites ( I've been adding sulfur to their dust bath but it did get grass in it a few weeks ago so they haven't been using it lately-also not sure how much sulfur to add🤷.) I have 2 polish and this one is definitely at the bottom of the pecking order. The feathers missing are all in one place though, on her back, at the base of the tail. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow.
And I did the math wrong, I have 85 sqft of interior coop space (it's 2 levels)

Last edited:
The feathers missing are all in one place though, on her back, at the base of the tail.
If the skin wound is exposed, (blood,, wound, RED) chickens will get into a frenzy attacking that wound. Get some Blukote, and apply it to wound. The BLUE COLOR, is something chickens do not attack.
Available in spray or dab on like below. Most feed stores should carry it. Blain's Farm and Fleet carries the aerosol spray type.
1632379225192.png

If the skin wound is exposed, (blood,, wound, RED) chickens will get into a frenzy attacking that wound. Get some Blukote, and apply it to wound. The BLUE COLOR, is something chickens do not attack.
Available in spray or dab on like below. Most feed stores should carry it. Blain's Farm and Fleet carries the aerosol spray type.
View attachment 2843377
Perfect, thank you!

Ok here is Caramel in all her greatness and you can see that she is missing feathers in her tail. I've noticed for a while that her tail was missing a few feathers, and assumed it was another chicken. I thought that was normal to a certain extent. Is there something I can do so she doesn't get so bullied?
Yesterday I noticed a small amount of blood.

Attachments

• IMG_20210923_091512387.jpg
    IMG_20210923_091512387.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20210923_091320270.jpg
    IMG_20210923_091320270.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210923_091249789.jpg
    IMG_20210923_091249789.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210923_091243977.jpg
    IMG_20210923_091243977.jpg