Illinois...

Here we go again with shortages
Costco says it is a couple weeks behind on toilet paper.
2 of my customers have brand new trucks from different manufacturers. Both trucks need the same part (DEF tank sending unit). Trucks have already been down 3 months and customers were told 6-12 months. These parts are for emissions so the trucks cannot drive. Imagine spending $120k on equipment that you cannot use. One of the customers is losing $3k a day revenue.
Not trying to turn this into economics and logistics thread, just sharing possible supply chain concerns.

I have a predator that keeps outsmarting my trap. I have a large raccoon live trap. Several times my bait was taken and door down but trap is empty. This time I even zip tied the bait so whatever it is has to stay to eat it. Today I found my chicken leg eaten to the bone, trap door down, but empty. Raccoon or fox ? Has to be something big enough to hold the door open with its tail while it eats the bait.

I have a predator that keeps outsmarting my trap. I have a large raccoon live trap. Several times my bait was taken and door down but trap is empty. This time I even zip tied the bait so whatever it is has to stay to eat it. Today I found my chicken leg eaten to the bone, trap door down, but empty. Raccoon or fox ? Has to be something big enough to hold the door open with its tail while it eats the bait.

Need a bigger trap
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...b1TGeElJqac3lfS72fqq-XSB7BX6tJ_RoCEdUQAvD_BwE

Try a dog proof coon trap . Farm stores should have them . You would have dispatch the coon .

Last edited:
Try a dog proof coon trap . Farm stores should have them . You would have dispatch the coon .

I think he's in town.
But if you can dispatch in your yard @WhyDoILikeChickens I have a spare one you can borrow. .... I'll bring you the lonely poult too :gig

@Molpet
Sorry. I'd offer to take the poult, but I doubt she'd be the right size for Xansie's family. Her 2 serama chicks are 1 week old and about the size of a golf ball. The incubator is packed away for the year and I was able to break the broodiness of my orp hen. These are my LAST CHICKS of the year.
IMG_2437.JPG
IMG_2424.JPG
IMG_2427.JPG

Back
Top Bottom