Illinois...

Spring and fall are my favorites....if it's not humid, not muddy and between 55 and 74f.. .so I'm happy about 10 days a year lol 😂
I can deal with the winter better than the summer. I put on lots of layers in the winter. Although today, while not cold, seems damp and bone chilling.
I definitely prefer summer over winter. I'd rather be hot than cold. Even Spring and Fall are not ideal for me always because I don't like it below 70.

Sorry, I love the winter. If we didn't have it ( getting that way really) we would have so many bugs, mice,rats and other unwanted things. I live next to a creek. I already see a big increase in these pest. I wish we could get a real hard hitting long lasting winter. I will suit up and deal with the cold but mice, roaches, spiders and such I perfer not.

Sorry, I love the winter. If we didn't have it ( getting that way really) we would have so many bugs, mice,rats and other unwanted things. I live next to a creek. I already see a big increase in these pest. I wish we could get a real hard hitting long lasting winter. I will suit up and deal with the cold but mice, roaches, spiders and such I perfer not.
That's also my husband's opinion. DS LOVES the snow (& penguins). He wants to visit Antarctica someday.

I'm with the warm-weather crowd. Warm enough to not wear coats & cool enough not to sweat a lot.

Yet, Sometimes playing in snow can be fun. DS made some snow-chickens (which were later eaten by the chickens)

Can you name the breeds?

IMG_9193.JPG

IMG_9196.JPG

Left to right:
Orpington, Spitzhauben, Serama (a big one LOL)

I agree that winter is important, but I don't like it. It's like medicine, I'll take it but I don't have to like how it tastes.

That's also my husband's opinion. DS LOVES the snow (& penguins). He wants to visit Antarctica someday.

I'm with the warm-weather crowd. Warm enough to not wear coats & cool enough not to sweat a lot.

Yet, Sometimes playing in snow can be fun. DS made some snow-chickens (which were later eaten by the chickens)

Can you name the breeds?

View attachment 2964032
View attachment 2964042
Left to right:
Orpington, Spitzhauben, Serama (a big one LOL)
Where did he find the snow? Your yard look snow-free in the pics. He must have transported it from another area. Lol.

Where did he find the snow? Your yard look snow-free in the pics. He must have transported it from another area. Lol.
The pic was from our 1st snow - end of Dec. I shovel the patio and a few trails around the coop for the chickens. Usually that snow pile is the start of DS's mini sled hill but that day it was made into chickens.

My spoiled chickens only come out of the coop when I'm out there cleaning/feeding and they only walk where I've shoveled. Once we have grass again, they may venture out but still stay close to me. They only free range in the late spring, summer, fall when there's tree cover.

Hey everyone! I'm in Central IL and currently incubating cream legbars for a friend. I incubated more than I needed just in case some weren't fertile, but it's looking like they all might be. I should have 4-ish pure cream legbars available at the beginning of February, if anyone is interested. I also can gather some hatching eggs for anyone who might want some.

Hey everyone! I'm in Central IL and currently incubating cream legbars for a friend. I incubated more than I needed just in case some weren't fertile, but it's looking like they all might be. I should have 4-ish pure cream legbars available at the beginning of February, if anyone is interested. I also can gather some hatching eggs for anyone who might want some.
Welcome to the group!

Back
Top Bottom