Illinois...

For those of you looking for local beef - here's another vendor. Prices are from last year.

20220118_142000.jpg

Slept in until just a bit ago. Apparently it snowed. Thanks @Molpet for the heads up. Your message about Annie liking the fluffy snow is what just made me look out the window.

@SnootyHen sorry for your loss. I never met her, but I've been to Ludwig's and can say your Aunt helped build a wonderful business.

We spent the last few days putting my Uncle to rest. He was only 56. He unexpectedly died suddenly last weekend. It's not an easy thing to go through.

Well, I guess I should get up on my feet. Chickens and ducks need to get fed and I need to go run the snow blower.
Sorry for your loss. Way too young

I cleared snow and salted the driveway, steps and sidewalk. I also took the snowblower down the sidewalk for a next door neighbor and did what I could of their driveway with their cars parked in it and then across the street to clear the edge of another neighbor's driveway where the plow left snow. DS was working on shoveling the steps the whole time with his kid sized shovel until I did them last with my shovel to actually clear them off. LOL

Then DS excised his dire need for new snow boots so he and I went to the mall and him a nice per of boots. Their actuator so nice I was tempted to get a pet for myself, but they didn't have them in adult sizes. Their blue and white Tommy Hilfiger duck boots.

Anyone interested in breeding "eggs" ?
:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

They even sell "egg feed"! :confused:

Of course that's written under the part where they're selling a Santa Suit.
Wait! A Santa Suit???? I'm just confused.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/for/d/palatine-incubator-for-breeding-eggs/7431960619.html

INCUBATOR for BREEDING EGGS - $45 (palatine)​

INCUBATOR, Breeding Birds, hatching eggs, $45.00

Egg Incubator for Hatching Eggs, 30 Eggs Fully Clear Profession Poultry Hatcher Machine, Temperature Control & Automatic Egg Turner, Chicken Incubators...

SANTA CLAUSE SUIT for sale, $200.00
Egg Feed, Bird feeder New

Cash only. Pick up only, no code requests, we also have other items,
Calls only, no emails show contact info
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

DS was working on shoveling the steps the whole time with his kid sized shovel until I did them last with my shovel to actually clear them off. LOL
So cute! That reminds me of the time DS would shovel our driveway and it looked like corn rows.

This morning before school, he shoveled the patio and coop (and a path around the garage to get there.) Sadly, it's still snowing so we'll have to redo it later today.

* Edited to add: Even though the patio was cleared, I still had to carry the roosters to the coop. They wanted to go to their hens, but simply refused to walk out of the garage while it was snowing.

Anyone interested in breeding "eggs" ?
:lau :lau :lau :lau :lau

They even sell "egg feed"! :confused:

Of course that's written under the part where they're selling a Santa Suit.
Wait! A Santa Suit???? I'm just confused.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/for/d/palatine-incubator-for-breeding-eggs/7431960619.html

INCUBATOR for BREEDING EGGS - $45 (palatine)​

INCUBATOR, Breeding Birds, hatching eggs, $45.00

Egg Incubator for Hatching Eggs, 30 Eggs Fully Clear Profession Poultry Hatcher Machine, Temperature Control & Automatic Egg Turner, Chicken Incubators...

SANTA CLAUSE SUIT for sale, $200.00
Egg Feed, Bird feeder New

Cash only. Pick up only, no code requests, we also have other items,
Calls only, no emails show contact info
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
I want a new incubator, but I think I'll pass on this one. LOL.

I think I'm going to get a Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 this Spring for hatching our duck eggs to grow out ducks for freezer camp. Of course, if anybody wants ducklings I am happy to spread ducks across Chicagoland.

I think I'm going to get a Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 this Spring for hatching our duck eggs to grow out ducks for freezer camp. Of course, if anybody wants ducklings I am happy to spread ducks across Chicagoland.

I'm considering letting my broody little OE have a few eggs this spring. She's such a nasty little broody but I bet she'd be a very committed mama. On the one hand, chicks are cute! On the other hand, I really can only fit a few more without having crowding issues so this would be a one time thing for her.

I'm considering letting my broody little OE have a few eggs this spring. She's such a nasty little broody but I bet she'd be a very committed mama. On the one hand, chicks are cute! On the other hand, I really can only fit a few more without having crowding issues so this would be a one time thing for her.
You can always hatch, let the hen do her mama thing, then give them back to @breeder. It's kind of a don't ask, don't tell about their future, but it's how we get to enjoy the fun of hatching with overpopulation of the backyard.

I like my NR360. It's the fastest, easiest, incubator set-up. You must add water. Everything else is automatic. The small countertop footprint, easy maintenance, and great hatch viewing make the NR360 my convenient, grab-n-go incubator. BUT: Our homemade cooler-bators still win the prize for highest hatch rate (and over 5 doz egg capacity)!

NR360 Cons: curved plastic makes photos difficult, lid must be perfectly aligned to close properly or risk losing heat, and not much head room. Larger birds- like orpingtons, turkeys, and ducks - must crawl around and can't stand fully upright.
Holds 22 eggs - could be a pro or a con depending on your purpose.

Back
Top Bottom