Illinois...

Poor doggie is so scared tonight. It seems everyone is shooting off neighborhood fireworks.
They've been shooting them off for over two days here. Fortunately my dogs could not care less. I know it bothers a lot of dogs though. Try putting a radio next to Keplers cage and turn it a little louder than normal. And give him a favorite bone to chew on. See if it helps.

They've been shooting them off for over two days here. Fortunately my dogs could not care less. I know it bothers a lot of dogs though. Try putting a radio next to Keplers cage and turn it a little louder than normal. And give him a favorite bone to chew on. See if it helps.
Good idea. I have a cover over his crate and some toys, but never thought of using other sounds. He normally doesn't sleep in his crate, but for the past few nights, he's wanted to.

Tried bringing him outside at 7:30pm, but a few pops had already started by then. He ran and pulled me back inside.

Fourth of July fireworks, and Thunderstorms bother one of my 2 dogs.:(.. The fireworks were not too bad during the day,,, (Sunday) but in the evening,, it did get loud. Now just to get thru Monday's Fireworks:old..
I will keep her inside on the couch, as I hug, and comfort her. She still shakes,,, but less if I'm holding her.

FB_IMG_1656954732380.jpg

My oldest dog doesn't care but one of the puppies has been having a rough time with it. She wasn't afraid last year so this came as a surprise. It's been 24/7 BOOM here so she's not happy. And my boys stayed with their father this past weekend for the first time and the dogs weren't happy about that either. One of them slept by the garage door which is what she does when someone hasn't come home yet. Saturday night, I finally got her to come upstairs but Sunday she slept there all night. Poor girl missed her boys!

Back
Top Bottom