Illinois...

Hi friends! Looking for a home for a bonded breeding pair of Easter Eggers. I’m in unincorporated Will County (southwestern Chicago suburbs) and we can’t have roosters (ordered all females, but you know how that goes.) These two seem to have bonded, so I’d like to keep them together. Both hatched April 2, 2022. Possible bantam mix - she’s on the smaller side, and I’m finding little eggs in the nesting box. Please message me or text if interested - seven zero eight seven seventy sixteen eighty-one.

Hi friends! Looking for a home for a bonded breeding pair of Easter Eggers. I’m in unincorporated Will County (southwestern Chicago suburbs) and we can’t have roosters (ordered all females, but you know how that goes.) These two seem to have bonded, so I’d like to keep them together. Both hatched April 2, 2022. Possible bantam mix - she’s on the smaller side, and I’m finding little eggs in the nesting box. Please message me or text if interested - seven zero eight seven seventy sixteen eighty-one.

Hello! I'm sure you've rehomed them by now, if not I'd come get them next tuesday

Have you all seen this?

https://cookcfb.org/discover-local/...vQjHpyQmIcO5tdxXXGiBZgo13lsKjpGPfLZnAttEKCl6g
1662916025989.png

Experiencing all the ups and downs of backyard chickens this week.

The good:
My son & his pullet, "Poot."
She gives him hugs by stretching out her neck to rest head on his shoulder.
IMG_1317.jpg

She trusts him and is very relaxed.
IMG_1323.jpg

The sad:
On Friday a hawk killed my son's hen, Chizzy. He got her in preschool. She stopped laying a year ago, but he insisted we keep her...... because she's Chizzy! She was a flock elder and is missed by all.

simon sussex.jpg
IMG_0301.JPG
touch.jpg

chizzy's egg.jpg

IMG_3933.JPG

chizzy 2 copy.jpg
chizzy1.jpg

1663649654586.jpeg

RIP, our dear Chizzy

Last edited:
Things didn't get much better. Father in law had a fall. No major injuries from fall but the hospital found 2 new tumors. (He made the decision not to treat his cancer 5 years ago.) So he will be going for rehab to see if we can give him back some mobility. Unfortunately one tumor is by his brain/ear. The pressure from it could be the cause of the fall/dizziness.

Then I noticed my little hen Noodle has been not herself this week. Instead of walking from the tractor to the coop, she walked to me and wanted to be carried. What I thought was being spoiled turned out to be more. She didn't eat much or run around. This morning she was weak and she did not eat/drink all day. By this evening, she wasn't walking and closing her eyes often. She just passed at 11pm. She was my darling Chicken Noodle.
Noodle.jpg
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_1736 (2).JPG
Noodle 1.jpg

IMG_8255 copy.jpg

IMG_0666.JPG

1.5 months ago Noodle won a blue ribbon and class champion at DuPage Fair - virtual poultry show. DS was nervous, but Noodle did perfectly.

IMG_0674.JPG

Things didn't get much better. Father in law had a fall. No major injuries from fall but the hospital found 2 new tumors. (He made the decision not to treat his cancer 5 years ago.) So he will be going for rehab to see if we can give him back some mobility. Unfortunately one tumor is by his brain/ear. The pressure from it could be the cause of the fall/dizziness.

Then I noticed my little hen Noodle has been not herself this week. Instead of walking from the tractor to the coop, she walked to me and wanted to be carried. What I thought was being spoiled turned out to be more. She didn't eat much or run around. This morning she was weak and she did not eat/drink all day. By this evening, she wasn't walking and closing her eyes often. She just passed at 11pm. She was my darling Chicken Noodle.
View attachment 3265811View attachment 3265812View attachment 3265813View attachment 3265814

View attachment 3265815

View attachment 3265816

1.5 months ago Noodle won a blue ribbon and class champion at DuPage Fair - virtual poultry show. DS was nervous, but Noodle did perfectly.

View attachment 3265817
So sorry for your losses. Fall and spring is when I have most of my chicken losses.

Prayers for your FIL

FIL is doing better. After a day in hospital he was discharged to rehab. He’s in building next door to the assisted living facility. He’s walking well with walker In fact he’s been walking a bit too well. He doesn’t like being away from his wife so he found his way to the elevator and tunnel connecting the two buildings. Today was the second time he made his way to the building next door. He has dementia so doesn’t understand. She has Alzheimer’s.

It is very sweet how over 60 years of marriage they only want to be together.

FIL is doing better. After a day in hospital he was discharged to rehab. He’s in building next door to the assisted living facility. He’s walking well with walker In fact he’s been walking a bit too well. He doesn’t like being away from his wife so he found his way to the elevator and tunnel connecting the two buildings. Today was the second time he made his way to the building next door. He has dementia so doesn’t understand. She has Alzheimer’s.

It is very sweet how over 60 years of marriage they only want to be together.
Glad he's doing better
If he can figure that out he's doing good.

Back
Top Bottom