Illinois...

I've been working indoors - strong A/C. When I go outside I'm hit with a wall of searing heat. It's quite the shock! I feel so sorry for our delivery men. The UPS guy looked like he was going to pass out.

My seramas seem fine, the large sized hens are not happy with me. I think they blame me for the weather. The poor little quail are panting up a storm. My newly hatched poultry chicks are just fine. I turned off the brooder plate during the day.

Here are some fun serama pics of my 2023 hatches.

These 2 chicks are inseparable. I don't plan to keep, so I'm hoping someone will want to keep them together. The girl is pure white. This is one of 2 males I hatched. Rest are all female this year.
9.jpg

These 2 girls are from @homeschoolin momma. She knows I like silkied seramas, so somehow they ended up in my brooder. I think they're May hatches. Faces are just starting to get a touch of color. Of course it was also very hot outside.
IMG_1971 (2).jpg
IMG_1974 (2).jpg
IMG_1964 (2).jpg

Here's my other male. An adorable little silkied cockerel! He's only a week younger than the guy in the 1st picture, but so tiny!
IMG_1985 (2).jpg
IMG_1976 (2).jpg

Three more girls hatched with the silkied boy. His sisters are bigger than he is. :)
7.jpg

The grayish one is looking more mottled as she ages
1 (2).jpg

The medium one (left side of photo) has shades of tan, gray, and white. She looks pastel.
6 (2).jpg

The lightest one is the show off. She loves to pose for a camera and get attention.
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Here are some fun serama pics of my 2023 hatches.

These 2 chicks are inseparable. I don't plan to keep, so I'm hoping someone will want to keep them together. The girl is pure white. This is one of 2 males I hatched. Rest are all female this year.
View attachment 3618656

These 2 girls are from @homeschoolin momma. She knows I like silkied seramas, so somehow they ended up in my brooder. I think they're May hatches. Faces are just starting to get a touch of color. Of course it was also very hot outside.
View attachment 3618658View attachment 3618670View attachment 3618657

Here's my other male. An adorable little silkied cockerel! He's only a week younger than the guy in the 1st picture, but so tiny!
View attachment 3618675View attachment 3618674

Three more girls hatched with the silkied boy. His sisters are bigger than he is. :)
View attachment 3618677

The grayish one is looking more mottled as she ages
View attachment 3618679

The medium one (left side of photo) has shades of tan, gray, and white. She looks pastel.
View attachment 3618680

The lightest one is the show off. She loves to pose for a camera and get attention.
View attachment 3618686View attachment 3618685View attachment 3618684
Soo tiny
Compared to an orp :gig

Back
Top Bottom