Illinois...

Thank you for the information on turkeys.

Unfortunately we have no buildings on site...which is a huge hinderance. Husband had a barn but tore it down long before I met him.... when his house burnt down.

Trying to come up with some kinda solution 🤔🤷‍♀️🤔
People put them in tractors and move them around too.

DS and his chicken were a banana split for Halloween
E64E8C8C-2440-48F6-8409-C7AA57B74169.jpeg

found this on fb

" ....Chicago's laws apply citywide, rather than according to ward. About 10 years ago, Chicago Chicken Enthusiasts compiled a list of ordinances for Chicagoland municipalities. Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/.../1L1FXeN1VEARsDY8g2FBc.../edit...
There is also a link to the Chicago legal code.
As Home to Roost LLC, I've led a number of classes on chicken keeping, including information on local ordinances. "

Hello! I am new and the amazing group on the welcome here guided me to this thread. Here is what I posted there they said to add here!

During summer we picked up some baby chicks who needed a home and raised them, but one of them surprise-surprise is a rooster. He is super cool, and we honestly thought it was just a big female until one morning we got the loud (but awesome) crowing sound. Unfortunately, where we live roosters are not allowed. I checked on FB marketplace to see if people post to give away roosters, but then my wife thought we don't want him going to a bad owner (like a fighter lol).

I'm in Elburn, IL, does anybody know of a place who takes roosters in or somebody around me need a rooster? I don't know much about roosters, but he is nothing like what you think one would be, very tame and chill, just does his thing. But WAY bigger than the girls lol.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_8376.jpg
    IMG_8376.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8377.jpg
    IMG_8377.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 5
Hello! I am new and the amazing group on the welcome here guided me to this thread. Here is what I posted there they said to add here!

During summer we picked up some baby chicks who needed a home and raised them, but one of them surprise-surprise is a rooster. He is super cool, and we honestly thought it was just a big female until one morning we got the loud (but awesome) crowing sound. Unfortunately, where we live roosters are not allowed. I checked on FB marketplace to see if people post to give away roosters, but then my wife thought we don't want him going to a bad owner (like a fighter lol).

I'm in Elburn, IL, does anybody know of a place who takes roosters in or somebody around me need a rooster? I don't know much about roosters, but he is nothing like what you think one would be, very tame and chill, just does his thing. But WAY bigger than the girls lol.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Welcome to the Illinois thread. There are a number of members that live in the NE portion of the state active here. (including self)
Sorry, cant help you with rooster. No roosters where I live also.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom