Illinois...

Do you have a local feed store that will order chicks? Ours is putting in a group order on Monday which allowed us to purchase many fewer chicks than the usual requirement. They might also be able to add your order on to another or know someone who might want to split an order.

Quote:
Where in Illinois are you? I have 6 week old easter eggers I would be willing to part with a few of them if your interested. Got them from Murray McMurray

Last edited:
Quote:
The name escapes me at the moment but the farm supply store on 13 west of the interstate might have chicks. I think you might be just as well off ordering from a hatchery. That's what TSC and the other stores do.

If you want Ameraucanas you might have a difficult time finding true Ameraucanas, what the hatcheries sell are usually Easter Eggers.

Remembered the name: Rural King, but you probably already knew that.

Yep Rural King is where I got my chicks. I'm in southern Illinois, Marion area. I saw in the news paper Poultry swap meet, on in Jackson MO and on in Goreville Illinois? any thoughts on getting chickens from them??? I really want two colorful EE's and a white crested black polsih and/or a white crested blue polish.

welcome-byc.gif
poodlepill , pinguin , and lilblessings5!
poodlepill, there is a Rural King in Marion--Ph#618-993-0660

Rural King's Corporate Offices are in Mattoon. They operate in kind of a tri-state area, most stores are in Illinois or Indiana. Hope this helps!

I have some mixed breed chicks if anyone is interested they are 7 and 5 weeks old most of the mixes are Easter Eggers opringingtons and cochins all mixed up. They are as cute as they can be and sweet too.
Ps im not a breeder just wanted to hatch out some of my own eggs and hatched way to many. LOL

Last edited:
Quote:
The ones you get from the feed store are usually from Cackle (pppfttt - won't order from them!!!!) and they don't last long ...

There is a historic chicken breeder in eastern IA and a few meat chicken hatcheries there also.

Back
Top Bottom