Illinois...

Hi Folks,

Could everybody who attends poultry shows, swaps, auctions etc. keep on the look out for my 11 Dutch Hookbill ducklings. I believe they were stolen from my house last night. I live about 10 miles from the Wisconsin border near Rockford, IL so they could be in IL or WI.

I had 5 dusky (they are basically dark with some tan striping showing on their new feathers), five bibbed (dusky with white chests and some white on their bellies), and one white. They are about 1 month old, just starting to get their feathers.

I believe they were stolen because they all disappeared from my chicken tractor last night, no sign of struggle, not a feather, bit of down, or blood anywhere, no scratches on the tractor and the fence that allows them to roam a bit during the day was not disturbed. The only way out was a 2" tall opening that would have been a very tight squeeze for the ducklings. They have been in the tractor for at least a week with no issues - now they are all gone.

I posted on the duck forum and the overriding opinion is that they were stolen. I'm heartbroken and am trying my best to find them. I can't believe anyone would steal them but I also can't believe a predator took them and left no trace.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote:
I'm near Crystal Lake
smile.png

Quote:
What town?

Oak Brook Terrace / Westmont but we hope to may be move closer to Wheaton later in the year. Would be great to know of others in DuPage and west Cook Counties to support each other with ordinance issues, promoting back yard poultry and trading eggs etc.

Lincoln Park area of Chicago.

Any others near the lake?

Would be interested in some local Chicago organizations.

hey my name is danielle, i'm from nothern il. (rockford) im really new at this in fact i dont have any chickens yet but i was wondering what to do with then in the winter

Back
Top Bottom