Illinois...

love the swap go all the time,mothergoose has some great poultry(nice to see her on here). i get there at 5 and by 8 or 9 most of the good stock is gone. see you all there

Nice to see you too Bob. See you at the swap!

Robin,
We can test any birds you want to bring to sell and/or we can test your birds for Crossroads too. But, you might want to call your local extension office and ask them who locally blood tests your counties 4H birds for the fair. I am positive there is someone closer to you that could just bleed the birds you want to show or sell, for you. That way you know you have someone local in case you would ever want to go to another show or swap you don't have to travel 2 hours just to bleed your birds! Your vet may also be able to do it for you. Our livestock vet also can blood test birds and another friend of ours that raises turkies 5 miles from us is also a certified poultry tester. So chances are there are some around you too, you just need to ask the right people. Another person to check with would be if you have your fairbook from your last county fair, look up the name and number of the poultry superintendant, they will probably know a local tester also.

Good luck,
Christie
big_smile.png

I can check around to see if there is any locally. I really want to sell eating eggs. I've got a friend just west of me that sells her eating eggs but has to be certified in order to sell eating eggs.

There's also the Waterloo animal swap. It's the last Sunday, march thru November, except in June or July ( I'd have to look it up again). And you have to get there at around 5:30 if you want good pick!

The only reasonthe DH and I will go is to sell nowadays because were NPIP, and we won't be bringing Anything back, including our birds
smile.png
there is always someone interesting to talk to or to see;). I tell my DH well have to learn Chinese to barter with some of the people!

Quote:
maybe this will help you. The way I read it is if you sell less that 30 dozen at a time you dont need a license or to be certified. Read it and tell me what you think. this is the link to the site I found.
http://www.directfarmbusiness.org/eggs/

Thanks and good thing I am not selling as many as they required me to do. At my best, anywhere five to seven doz I would store in a month for me before my Dad eats them.

The Department of Ag. is getting ready to hold classes for those who want to become certified testers. They hold them in four different locations in Illinois. You can contact Dr. Waters at the Dept. of Ag. for more information & to sign up.

Back
Top Bottom