Illinois...

Quote:
I don't know what happened to your boy, but I'm so sorry to hear that he passed. I wish I could help you more.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I doubt the fencing had anything to do with it. It's great fencing that can stop a charging 100 lb dog in his tracks. I highly recommend it. today when I called, the assistant at Premier helped look up exactly what I have and tried to figure out what happened. Not cheep - but definitely;y less than feeding the coyotes our chickens.

Sometimes heart failure can cut his life short...happens to some birds quicker than anything else. That would be my strongest gut feeling on that if he has NO other existing condition that leads up to it. Had one Wellie girl like that, just died when there was NO other trauma or sickness and she did lay an egg for me prior to her death. So I assumed either she broke her neck in one of her helter skelter moments or heart failure (heart ruptured or had heart problems but didn't bother the bird).

Be assured that he had a happy life. You are a good chicken mommy!

Quote:
Thanks Robin!
In my puzzlement and grief I forgot to look towards the good. Yes, we did give him a great life. He was a frequent visitor inside the home when he choose to come in. He was treated as the king of the barnyard - which of course he was since he was a chick. He was kind to city visitors and a show-off for them. I once had a chicken fearing city dweller over and she was frightened. I told her never to be afraid of MY birds but not to ever "turn your back on the colorful ones" as they are the roosters and will always be a little unpredictable. Elvis didn't like the color red and I was usually careful not to wear it out in his vicinity as he's always challenge it. I was wearing a shirt with red flower pattern on it and oops! As I was speaking to her, Elvis came up and flailed my backside like a spanking with his wings. Only 1 of 2 times he ever did such a thing. I had a laugh but I'm afraid my guest was petrified. I went and picked him up and carried him around like a football as we looked over the grounds for about an hour, then I let him down again but she was still afraid to pet him. Ha Ha Nice memory. Yes he had a good life. But I still feel loss.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread ivy bemmie bessie!! I was at the Anna fair many, many moons ago!
lol.png
Looks like you have quite the menagerie! You will find lots of enablers here!

Back
Top Bottom