Illinois...

4 or 5 large-sized egg layer types. Originally wanted to get some spent egg farm hens, but no one here is selling. I just want them large (to discourage predatory birds) hearty, and egg-producing. I prefer colorful and friendly.

I am getting desperate to find some adult hens. None of the egg farms will sell me any. I don no know where else to look. If anybody in this thread knows where I can find some girls in east-central Illinois, please let me know. Thanks!

It's a several hour drive for you, but I know a source in Kane County/St. Charles area. (although they are more interested in selling their adult roo's)
PM me if that would work for you.

I can spare an EE hen that I just got. I got her because I needed a companion for my new Welsummer girl to mingle with the flock. Now they are all getting along and I can sell the EE now. She is about a year or two old from Meyer's Hatchery (as my friend told me). I do not know what color her egg is yet but I hope she will start laying soon.

Peep peep! Hope you all have a great weekend!
smile.png

k3 fairgrounds is supposed to have one the first sunday of every month. If I get up at 4 am and go out there, there BETTER be a swap meet!

Steven, I've seen her auction posts in the BST section. You look like you got a nice group. Are you keeping all of them or will you be parting with some at the get-together?

Back
Top Bottom