Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. RedheadErin

RedheadErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    4 or 5 large-sized egg layer types. Originally wanted to get some spent egg farm hens, but no one here is selling. I just want them large (to discourage predatory birds) hearty, and egg-producing. I prefer colorful and friendly.

2. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    It's a several hour drive for you, but I know a source in Kane County/St. Charles area. (although they are more interested in selling their adult roo's)
    PM me if that would work for you.

3. Franzen Farms

Franzen Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Wilmington, IL
    what swap meet is this sunday? The only one I know of is the first week of April.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I can spare an EE hen that I just got. I got her because I needed a companion for my new Welsummer girl to mingle with the flock. Now they are all getting along and I can sell the EE now. She is about a year or two old from Meyer's Hatchery (as my friend told me). I do not know what color her egg is yet but I hope she will start laying soon.

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]
    Peep peep! Hope you all have a great weekend! [​IMG]

6. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Nice Steven!! Did you hatch them or receive an order?

7. RedheadErin

RedheadErin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    k3 fairgrounds is supposed to have one the first sunday of every month. If I get up at 4 am and go out there, there BETTER be a swap meet!

8. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I bought them from Nava on here and had them shipped. I HIGHLY reccomend her if you want NN's, BLR Wyandottes, and I'm pretty sure she has a couple other breeds.

9. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Steven, I've seen her auction posts in the BST section. You look like you got a nice group. Are you keeping all of them or will you be parting with some at the get-together?

10. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Thank you! [​IMG] I'm not sure yet, just depends on how many cockerals and pullets I get.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by