Illinois...

I just got back from the Illini Poultry Show. I was disappointed to find they didn't have a supplies vendor there this year. I asked about it and they said the one they had contracted with before had a scheduling conflict this year so they didn't have one.
barnie.gif

It was still fun to walk around and see the different breeds. The fellow I got my SLWs from won Best of Breed and Reserve Champion American with one of his pullets! There were so many more bantams than large fowl....
sad.png
No New Hampshires for me to compare mine to. Oh well, I guess that means I'll have to find another show to go to this fall.....probably the Lebanon, Indiana one....10/20,...anyone else going there?

I did not make it to the show. I have my grandbaby and we were way off on our schedule.

Sorry to hear it was not as good as you hoped.

Hello fellow Illinois chicken people! New to the chicken life and having a ball so far. Just wanted to introduce myself in here. My name is Christina and right now I just have 3 young roosters but am in the process of building a chicken house (ok so hubs is doing that). Just here to learn what I can.

These are my boys Frick and Frack and Elvis:

I figure if they make it out here in the boonies I can get some hens in the spring. Have already planned on doubling my chicken run.

I still have most of my poultry for sale... Shoot me an offer, worst I can say is No.

Also open to trades! ;o)

Does anyone have a list of swaps for Illinois? There has to be at least a couple in the fall time, Yes?

I am down sizing my flock for the winter. We plan to butcher most of the extras, but I thought I would check first to see if anyone is interested in buying some of this years pullets. They are all mixed breeds from good laying stock. I also have a couple roosters from Cackle Hatchery that my girls raised for 4H that they would like to sell rather than eat: a blue cochin rooster and a splash cochin rooster.

Back
Top Bottom