illness or just old?

Do you have a syringe or a dropper? You can make up some sugar water and administer it to her if she won’t drink herself.
i think i have some from when i have to give them antibiotics. i’m trying to give her some water right now. i put it up to her beak and she drank it but other than that won’t on her own.

Do you have a syringe or a dropper? You can make up some sugar water and administer it to her if she won’t drink herself.
also after putting the water up to her beak and she got a few drinks she started to move around a bit but is kinda stumbling.

The green liquid is probably because she hasn’t been eating and is undernourished.

My advice is to bring her inside or put her somewhere where it’s calm, warm and quiet. Maybe use some pillows or towels to help support her if she’s struggling to support herself. Give her the sugar water as much as she wants and let her rest. In the morning see how she is and try to encourage her to eat. Scrambled egg is a good food, or bread softened by soaking in egg.

This may be a deterioration from a respiratory infection or she may have some other internal thing going on that has been exacerbated by the respiratory problems. You can palpate between her keel bone and vent to see if it is swollen and fluid filled which is an indicator of reproductive issues like internal laying, EYP, etc.

The green liquid is probably because she hasn’t been eating and is undernourished.

My advice is to bring her inside or put her somewhere where it’s calm, warm and quiet. Maybe use some pillows or towels to help support her if she’s struggling to support herself. Give her the sugar water as much as she wants and let her rest. In the morning see how she is and try to encourage her to eat. Scrambled egg is a good food, or bread softened by soaking in egg.

This may be a deterioration from a respiratory infection or she may have some other internal thing going on that has been exacerbated by the respiratory problems. You can palpate between her keel bone and vent to see if it is swollen and fluid filled which is an indicator of reproductive issues like internal laying, EYP, etc.
i’m getting a setup ready to bring her in right now. would a duck egg still work okay? they’re our only laying birds as of right now.

she’s inside and doesn’t seem too interested in either. i have a setup so i can try to keep an eye on her and care for her though the night. i can’t seem to find my syringe

That’s good. You said you offered her some water and she drank of her own volition so that’s also good. Perhaps you can just offer some in a bowl and dip her beak into the water periodically to encourage her to drink.

That’s good. You said you offered her some water and she drank of her own volition so that’s also good. Perhaps you can just offer some in a bowl and dip her beak into the water periodically to encourage her to drink.
that’s what i’m trying to do right now. i wonder if an antibiotic would help any. hoping she makes it through the night 🤞

Back
Top Bottom