I'm a bad puppy mama! Re: toys

Quote:
My Lab ate the handle off in 6 minutes, and destroyed the rest in another 10. Ditto on the 5 basketballs/soccer balls. He too demolished the black Kong. Now I give him 18" lengths of firewood- voila, instant kindling!
roll.png

Sounds like the super strong pull toy we bought him. Mama forgot and left him alone with it for five minutes. It's gone.
th.gif

He has all the logs from the wood pile and all the beef bones he can handle.
hmm.png

Don't even bother with the jolly ball with the handle. Mine ate the handle off in a matter of minutes. Kong has red kong balls. I buy used tennis balls in bulk on ebay. That way I can afford to give them several and when they destroy them I just hand them a few more.

I have a large 10 inch ball but I don't call it a indoor toy. My rott gets it to a corner a flings it with his nose like a seal. It is like this http://www.jbpet.com/Push-n-Play-Balls,1565.html and can be filled with sand or water.

Holee rollers last awhile here until someone decides to chew them. But they are frequently used as tug toys. I have a holee molee but it is black and like your dog mine don't care for the black toys.

Quote:
*snort* Bingo like bigger rocks better! And I can't throw them far enough anyway.......

lau.gif
His head is too hard to actually whack him with it!

Last edited:
I've got toy eaters too. They don't really care about anything they can't destroy. Last year one of those fake fleece stuffed toys cost me $2000 in vet bills after one of them swallowed a piece and got it stuck in her stomach. Mine have nylabones which they chew on a little for a few minutes at a time and the empty shell of a softer stuffed toy which they only play with now under supervision.
The dog I had when I was a child had a real fur collar off an old coat to play with. Boy did he love that thing! And it lasted a really long time. But I'm pretty sure the dogs I have now would just eat it.

Try one of these they are expensive but maybe you can find one on sale somewhere or used.. They are called Boomer balls and are made for Big Cats (tigers, lions , leopards) I here they are virtually indestructible.. I figure if they can hold up to a tigers teeth and claws they should hold uo to a dog... http://boomerball.com/shop/search.cgi

Yep I agree with hollyclyff..I too had a $2000+ vet bill over a tennis ball that my AmBulldog couldn't digest!!..he did not pull through it either..he suffered terribly for 8 days. I have never been so heartbroken as I felt it was my fault for not watching him better...and the vet really did some "chewing" which make it all the worse. I now give them beef bones or small firelogs..which works because they are outside. My daughter has 2 AmBs inside and they give them soda bottles with pet treats in them..not sure I approve and haven't run this by the vet but she says when they chew into them the treats become their focus and then they take them away and replace them??..

Quote:
He has some very large rocks outside for play toys and the logs from the wood pile. I was just hoping to find something he could play with inside.
Just nine more weeks and he'll have a baby brother to play with.
big_smile.png
I'm already envisioning having to carry the puppy around for the first several weeks to keep Jax from trying to "unstuff" him.
hmm.png

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm checking them out.
Oh and we've tried the two liter soda bottles. We have to take them away after about 15 minutes. Hmmm, I have a large cast iron skillet that I don't use that much.

Back
Top Bottom