I'm a little concerned

back in the day...we used to use it on our lawns all the time, before they had any alternatives for flea control. we had a bunch of foxes and raccoons that would meander through and our animals got the brunt of their visitors. Scary stuff. Still remember the smell.

When I posted that it had been banned I found the info on this site. http://www.adamanthea.org/english/insect-en/malathion-en.html. I had also found a couple of other sites that said the same thing. My search query was (I think) "when was malthion banned. I have also now found the list of banned pesticides for the U.S and as was pointed out Malathion is not on under any of it's name. So my mistake. Sorry guys.

Quote:
That is my main issue. i try not to use pesticides and want to dispose of it properly. We get a lot of our water from wells in this area.

Quote:
Smelly yes. Scary no. Unlike a lot of other pesticides, malathion does not persist in the environment. Malathion breaks down readily, particularly if it is exposed to sunshine. Even if you dumped it on the ground (I am saying IF) it would be completely gone in something like 17 days. Google will tell you exactly how long.

Back
Top Bottom