I'm a little concerned

LegginMF12

Songster
12 Years
May 2, 2011
Yucca Valley
we were doing some light yard pick up/stack the junk in a pile last week. At the back fence is a home made nightmare of a dog kennel. In it I found a bottle of old bug killer that is labeled "MALATHION"
barnie.gif
and it still has liquid in it. Not quite sure how to dispose of it and I am worried about where exactly they used it on this property. I am planning a big garden next spring but don't want it if my yard is contaminated with this stuff.

Sorry I have no idea of how to dispose of it but do NOT spray it around cattle or horses!!
Long story short boarder sprayed her horse with it as "fly control", my horse bit him one day.. couple days later he started spinning in circles with his mouth locked open.. didnt react to movements or sounds, locked him in a stall for 3 days hosing his head down and giving him steriod injections because he had swelling in his brain.. He would grab ahold of the stall door support beams and rip the caps off of his teeth, walk in circles bashing himself against the walls, chewed at the concrete walls .. Tore his face up to where his eyes were swollen shut, tore his back leg open down to tendon (luckly didnt sever it) and none of this even comes close to covering everything that happened!

o.k. been doing research and it is not as bad as I thought. I do need to find out how to properly dispose of it. According to the research it does not stay int he ground very long. Whew!

Quote:
UGH... sounds like nasty stuff!!!

Why would it be IN the dog kennel??
sad.png
Wonder what happend...

Quote:

sad.png
Wonder what happend...

My mom would tell you that too! He ended up kicking all 95lbs of her 10ft into the air and put her into the hospital for 3 days when we were trying to get him from the field to the stall.. He would constently rear and then buck a few times and she was in the line of one of those bucks... We had to hit him with 1cc of ACE at a time between rears to get him calmed down enough to still fight him into the direction of the stall!

Last edited:
AS the best i can remember, we spray in on shrubs and trees , for bagworms on evergreens, also use it on roses...........don't think it was used on ..lawns.

now its been a few years back, well guess alot of years back.

Quote:

sad.png
Wonder what happend...

My mom would tell you that too! He ended up kicking all 95lbs of her 10ft into the air and put her into the hospital for 3 days when we were trying to get him from the field to the stall.. He would constently rear and then buck a few times and she was in the line of one of those bucks... We had to hit him with 1cc of ACE at a time between rears to get him calmed down enough to still fight him into the direction of the stall!

Look up the actions on the nervous system and you will know why he was behaving that way. Did he live? Was there permanent damage to his nervous system?

Quote:

Look up the actions on the nervous system and you will know why he was behaving that way. Did he live? Was there permanent damage to his nervous system?

Trust me I dont need to read anything I know first hand what happens and wouldnt wish that on my worse enemy! Thats why I give this lovely warning (sarcasticly saying lovely).. I just dont want to see it happen to anyone else's animal..

He did live and the vet said he would probably have partial liver paralisis but I had his platelets recheacked about 6 years later when we moved them to a vet's farm, and they said it was a tad bit on the low side but nothing to be concerned about..
Here he is last year..

36644_135929876426255_100000277297655_319117_7780731_n.jpg

9531_100501123302464_100000277297655_10465_741074_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom