**Im a little offended!**

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Tripp16, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Well today my friend came over and we were out with the chickens. [​IMG] (He doesnt like chickens all that much [​IMG])

So I figured since I was out with them I would check to see if their were any eggs in the house. Turns out there were 3! [​IMG] (not my first eggs but I still get excited!! [​IMG])

Well I took the eggs inside and began to wash them off and put them in the carton. I have 3 extra dozen so I asked my friend if him and his family eat eggs, he said
    "Yeah"
    I said well here take a dozen then he proceeded to say "Eww thats disgusting..."

I said "Excuse me? LOL"

then he said "I dont eat eggs from peoples backyards" I said "Well I dont poisen my eggs! [​IMG]"

He then said " I only eat eggs that come from the store, I dont even eat vegetables out of peoples gardens!"

I said "Where do you think the stores eggs come from!!!???"

He said "I know, I know, I just dont feel right eating them out right after they came out of the hen house its.....disgusting!!"

SEROIUSLY!!!!! [​IMG] That is ridiculous!! [​IMG]

He said they "taste" different then the store eggs (YES they taste waaay BETTER!!)

People these days.....[​IMG]

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    What an idiot that guy is. Sorry, he's your friend, but really.

3. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    Sounds like someone a little out of touch with reality & where their food comes from [​IMG]

4. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:None taken! I wanted to tell him off!! [​IMG]

5. busyteacher

busyteacher Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2011
    My husband's family will not eat them because they say they taste "chicken-ey". I say well if your store bought eggs don't taste at all then that should be your first clue you aren't eating fresh eggs and they are not good for you!! Some people...

6. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:Wouldnt be the first.....

Its sad.... [​IMG]

7. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    WOW just WOW. [​IMG] Well I guess he doesn't care if the eggs he gets for his family are OLD. (I prefer fresh myself)

8. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:THANK YOU!! Thats EXACTLY what I told him!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. kevs-chickadees

kevs-chickadees Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Mesa AZ
    Invite him back over and process one for him.[​IMG] J/K

10. Tripp16

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:You would not believe this but one of my other friends said she didnt want my eggs because they werent processed!!!! REALLY!!?! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by