I'm a nervous wreck! LOL

LilyandSparrow

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2016
Centralia, WA
The chicks aren't even here yet and I'm a nervous wreck, ha ha! They were supposed to arrive today, but didn't. Tracking stopped updating about 30 hours ago. I went to our local post office and the sweet clerk there looked into it and said, "Oh, that's bad when tracking doesn't update and it's live animals." :\ Then, I found out that the brooder plate I ordered and had shipped via priority was shipped UPS ground instead. I hope these babies make it!!

The chicks aren't even here yet and I'm a nervous wreck, ha ha!  They were supposed to arrive today, but didn't.  Tracking stopped updating about 30 hours ago.  I went to our local post office and the sweet clerk there looked into it and said, "Oh, that's bad when tracking doesn't update and it's live animals." :\  Then, I found out that the brooder plate I ordered and had shipped via priority was shipped UPS ground instead.  I hope these babies make it!!  

I hope they do too!!
Where are you ordering them from?

I hope they do too!!
Where are you ordering them from?
I ordered from Meyer, which is in Ohio and I am in Washington state. I really did try to find a closer hatchery or breeder(s) that had the breeds my daughters chose, but after days of looking and reading lots of reviews I decided it would be okay to get them through the mail. It was a group order, so there are 7 other children besides my own waiting on these little chickies to arrive. I think that's why I feel so sick over it; that's a lot of little broken hearts! I know disappointment is a part of life and growing up, but still. . .

Crossing my fingers that 8am rolls around with a phone call from the PO saying they have a box full of peeping chicks!

fl.gif

As I understand it, USPS transports them on the ground, but FedEx flies them for the USPS. So there won't be any updates on tracking while they are still in the hands of the FedEx people. As an added bonus, if the route is a dry ice shipment route (like Saint Louis is), your chicks can get bumped to a later flight because dry ice and live animals do not mix well.

As I understand it, USPS transports them on the ground, but FedEx flies them for the USPS. So there won't be any updates on tracking while they are still in the hands of the FedEx people. As an added bonus, if the route is a dry ice shipment route (like Saint Louis is), your chicks can get bumped to a later flight because dry ice and live animals do not mix well.
Aha! That makes sense. They have arrived at our PO (according to tracking), so I should get the call any minute now :)

Back
Top Bottom