I'm a NewBee Here but Not a NewBee Chicken Gal

BoPeeper

Hatching
Apr 1, 2017
Big Rapids MI
We have had Chickens and Duckies and Guinnies and A Goosee for Many Years. Our Oldest 'Girl' is 14!!!! Yes, 14yrs Old and Still Strutting Her Stuff. We Adore Every Single One and Treat Them Like Our Children. Someone had gotten 6 Chicks then decided she didn't want them so I went and picked them up and to our Suprise One was a Goose. She is so fun and friendly and of course The Queen of The Herd and I named her 'Goosee' She Loves Bread and Even Takes It From My Mouth So Gently people are amazed by her Sweetness. All are Free Range. We have 5 acres of land that includes Swamps, Woods and Plenty of Grass. We let them out in the late morning and they all come back just before dark then they get locked up in thier Coop/Barn so they are safe from any predators. 2 weeks ago we added 4 more Chicks and 4 more Duckies. They are still in the house in a large trough for a few more weeks. I'm glad I found this site and am excited to read Everything and learn more and even share what I've learned on my own that could possibly help someone that may need it. There aren't any DVMs around me that work with Chickens/Ducks/A Goose and Guinnie Hens so Im Sure This Group will be very beneficial for advise and I'm glad to be here
1f425.png
1f986.png
1f414.png
1f423.png
1f413.png
1f43e.png
1f985.png
1f983.png
1f44d-1f3fc.png

welcome-byc.gif
If you do run into health problems with them you can post at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread.

Last edited:
G’Day from down under BoPeeper
frow.gif
Welcome!

Wow! 14 years old! I do so very much hope that my gals are still around at that age.

I also hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom