I'm a rock star!

Squirrel Man

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
Well no, not really.

20 years ago I used to be in a local band in Pittsburgh. We played bars and clubs on weekends now and then, nothing spectacular but we had fun and occasionally got paid. I tell people that I'm not a musician, I'm a drummer lol.

So when Covid broke out and we decided we weren't going anywhere for the time being I bought a kit and got back into it, hoping to learn more and be a better drummer and maybe find some bandmates. I can do a lot of things now after a few years that I couldn't back in the day but I haven't found those bandmates yet. Just finding practice time is nearly impossible but I'm patient.

Well no, not really.

20 years ago I used to be in a local band in Pittsburgh. We played bars and clubs on weekends now and then, nothing spectacular but we had fun and occasionally got paid. I tell people that I'm not a musician, I'm a drummer lol.

So when Covid broke out and we decided we weren't going anywhere for the time being I bought a kit and got back into it, hoping to learn more and be a better drummer and maybe find some bandmates. I can do a lot of things now after a few years that I couldn't back in the day but I haven't found those bandmates yet. Just finding practice time is nearly impossible but I'm patient.

Hell yes, you're a rock star. Nice Pearl kit! What genre do you play???

My hubs is a drummer (ahem - percussionist), too! His band is *supposedly* going on tour next month, opening for A Skylit Drive out here on the West Coast. But he's a little over being a rock star, so I won't be surprised if he bows out.

Hell yes, you're a rock star. Nice Pearl kit! What genre do you play???

My hubs is a drummer (ahem - percussionist), too! His band is *supposedly* going on tour next month, opening for A Skylit Drive out here on the West Coast. But he's a little over being a rock star, so I won't be surprised if he bows out.
Grew up on Metallica, Anthrax and the like. Played that stuff in garage bands then in my early 30's found some guys who were great to work with so we did our thing. Originals, cow-punk I'm told was the genre but I'll play mostly anything.

I'd love to hear your hub's stuff, that sounds like an amazing gig. A little beyond my pay scale, I'd be happy doing 80's covers in a bar somewhere.

These two clips were from 20 years ago, we did open mic nights at The Rex in Pittsburgh. The recorded the show for us but the sound is a little dicey but hey - it was a "practice" night out.

Grew up on Metallica, Anthrax and the like. Played that stuff in garage bands then in my early 30's found some guys who were great to work with so we did our thing. Originals, cow-punk I'm told was the genre but I'll play mostly anything.

I'd love to hear your hub's stuff, that sounds like an amazing gig. A little beyond my pay scale, I'd be happy doing 80's covers in a bar somewhere.

These two clips were from 20 years ago, we did open mic nights at The Rex in Pittsburgh. The recorded the show for us but the sound is a little dicey but hey - it was a "practice" night out.

We're metalheads here, too, my head-banging friend!

I'll see if I can't drum up some of his stuff (see what I did there?!).

Another fellow metalhead/rocker here! I listen to music more than I play...I have a guitar and a uke hanging on my wall but I almost never play them. :( First song I learned on the guitar was Wish You Were Here.

🤘

Back
Top Bottom