Im afraid Im going to loose another...

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
Ive lost 2 already..
I think the two I lost came to me sick (as I have not had them very long)
All my chickens have been sneezing since I have had them but seem to be fine except..
My poor cochin.
She only opens one eye and sneezes and wheezes.
She hung out with the the two that died as the other two hens wouldnt let her hang out.
IKD what to do with her.
Any ideas on what I should do and/or what this is?

OK then, join the crowd. I have tried to either start or at least respond to this type of incident. I am having the same problem and no one really knows what is going on. The onset of the cold weather has done this, but the disease is still a bit of a mystery.
We may have a answer that it is CRD, but de judge is still out.

search for my login name and look around. Hopefully you can shed some light on this one.

Good Luck

You need to send the next dead bird off for a necropsy...this is the only way you will know for sure what has killed them (there is a sticky with instructions to help you find your state vet to have the necropsy done)
separation to a nice clean and temp stable place will immediately help somewhat but of course will not treat whatever is ailing her...
please provide more info per the sticky post instructions and if it is a respiratory ailment use the search engine here to search for more threads on that which may help you with further info.

Back
Top Bottom